ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Is Admin Forums link the place to add member forums

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/05/21 06:56 PM Views: 3569 Replies: 8
Friday, March 5, 2021 at 6:56 PM

Watched the video tutorial - shows a top nav bar link "Forum Preferences". This is not on the top nav bar in our new account. I do see, in the admin section a link for Admin Forums but I am interpreting that to mean forums for use if our site has multiple admins who are helping each other.

I need to add forums for our classmate members to use. Where is that?

Friday, March 5, 2021 at 11:55 PM - Response #1

The Message Forum and User Forum pages do not automatically come with new sites. Class Creator needs to add them when requested.

Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 12:59 PM - Response #2

John is correct. CC believed the "what's new" would replace that.

It should be made an option again since Forums are much more focused and easier to follow.Idea That if you have classmates that like to post topics. Our class never did get involved, so I removed. Sort of disappointed although not surprised. Most of our era never did much (if any) online chatting.

Saturday, March 6, 2021 at 2:16 PM - Response #3

Jack, our class had the same experience as yours with the User Forum. A few posts the first year, then everything faded, so I inactivated the forum. "Most of our era never did much (if any) online chatting" describes our class as well. I just accept it and strive to make our site appealing in other ways.

Edited 03/07/21 11:39 AM
Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 4:43 PM - Response #4

And how do I request them?

Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 4:50 PM - Response #5

We are looking to use them for specific purposes as we are planning our 50th reunion. We plan to make 1 forum for "host a classmate" so - locals who want to - can make spare rooms available to out-of-towners as a way to build connections and make the event more affordable for those not still living in the area. We also plan to use 1 each for classmates to "self-organize" gatherings on the day before and the day after the main event rather than the planning committee having to arrange more than 1 event. EX: one of the guys wants to play a round of golf the day before - he can list it and anyone else can say they'd like to do so as well. EX: someone wants to have lunch at an 'aol haunt' that was a popular hangout during our schools - they can post when and where on the board. I am sharing these as ideas you might like to use.

Sunday, March 7, 2021 at 5:32 PM - Response #6

Susan,

They are on your Edit Site Pages admin page. You requested them in another post. They are not active - so you can set them up first and then turn the links on under Edit Edit Link.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 2:37 PM - Response #7

We would like to create an additional forum page called "Pontifications." We have a very active message forum but it has turned somewhat caustic with political rants. So, we have to decided to add this second forum where only political statements can be entered. The message forum would only be for those wonderful life stories of our high school days and after!

Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 8:02 PM - Response #8

Hi Susanne,

You have the treaded forums where you can create main topics and threads under each topic.

This is already in your Edit Site Pages. You have if off and renamed trivia q and a.

We don't have a second message forum but you can use the thread one for new items.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.