ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify Flag Off

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/27/08 01:36 PM Views: 3509 Replies: 41
Saturday, September 27, 2008 at 1:36 PM

When I go into EMAIL CLASS just one of the Classmates listed has Notify Flag Off against his name. I'm not sure what this is. It's probably simple but please tell me.
Thanks,
Mark

Sunday, September 28, 2008 at 9:33 PM - Response #1

It means the Classmate has indicated he or she no longer wishes to receive emails from your site. This is very rare actually, and you'll often find the Classmate has done it inadvertently.

I'm glad you brought this up. I went in and made the "Notify Flag Off" text clickable so people will understand what this is in the future. When you click "Notify Flag Off" you'll also receive an explanation of how to restore the Classmate's ability to receive site wide emails.

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM - Response #2

Many thanks, that's clear now. This Classmate was one whose name I entered in the hope he'd join us. Sadly, he doesn't want to. Still, can't please everyone!
Mark

Monday, September 29, 2008 at 7:01 PM - Response #3

No... That's for sure. But -- he had the positive impact of making something in the system that wasn't clear before, clear now. And he doesn't even realize how much help he's been to us! Smile

Edited 09/29/08 7:02 PM
Monday, December 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM - Response #4

Hello, Guys.

Long time since I last wrote on this subject but I've just seen another Classmate, Ralph Victory, with NOTIFY FLAG OFF against his name on the list of Classmates when I went to Email the whole class.

When I looked at his Profile Details there's a box there that looks as though it needs to be ticked to allow him to 'Receive Site Emails' once again.

The box isn't showing on any other Profile. Does this mean it only appears when a Classmate decides not to receive emails from the site? Can he see it also or do I have to tick the box if he decides he now wants to receive site emails again, or if it was a mistake in the first place?

I've emailed him direct to find out what his intentions are but need to know what to do.

Monday, December 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM - Response #5

Hello, Guys.

Long time since I last wrote on this subject but I've just seen another Classmate, Ralph Victory, with NOTIFY FLAG OFF against his name on the list of Classmates when I went to Email the whole class.

When I looked at his Profile Details there's a box there that looks as though it needs to be ticked to allow him to 'Receive Site Emails' once again.

The box isn't showing on any other Profile. Does this mean it only appears when a Classmate decides not to receive emails from the site? Can he see it also or do I have to tick the box if he decides he now wants to receive site emails again, or if it was a mistake in the first place?

I've emailed him direct to find out what his intentions are but need to know what to do.

Monday, December 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM - Response #6

Sorry to have bothered you men.

I think I've answered my own question by doing a Forum SEARCH and finding some answers Brad gave a couple of years back!

I'm ok with it now.

Thanks.

Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 1:55 AM - Response #7

sorry -- I am new -- what is the answer to the Notify Flag OFF option? I don't see it on any of the profiles either...

Sunday, July 10, 2011 at 8:28 AM - Response #8

The "Notify Flag OFF" will only be seen if the classmate clicks on the link at the bottom of an e-mail that they have received that says that they don't want to get communications from the website. This is the only way to activate the "Notify Flag Off". If the classmate later changes their mind, they will see the option in their profile and can uncheck the "Notify Flag", but after they save their profile, then the option will again be gone from their profile.

Monday, August 1, 2011 at 12:18 PM - Response #9

I understand how the Notify Flag Off indicator is triggered....my question is to confirm that when a member opts not to receive messages 'blasted' by the Administrator ----------will they will continue to receive emails sent to them thru their profile page?

Monday, August 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM - Response #10

Hi Irma,

If they have they notify option turned off then they will not receive email notifications from the site. The messages are stored in the message center for them to read when they login, however, if they choose not to receive emails they will not receive notifications of messages pending.

We do have a new feature coming later this year that will allow users to selectively turn off notifications by type (birthday reminders, email the class notices, message center notices, etc.). Until that is in place the notifiy trigger turns off everything.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM - Response #11

Has this moved forward? I would love to turn off my email notifications!

Friday, January 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM - Response #12

Hi Cheri,

Can you tell us what email notifications you wish to turn off?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM - Response #13

If a person has not JOINed the site but receives an email from a mass mailing and selects the Notify Flag Off option, can any other messages be sent to that email address or must the person JOIN the site to remove that flag?

Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM - Response #14

Once they unsubscribe, you cannot select that person again as a recipient for email the class messages unless you go to their details page in manage classmates and check the "receive site emails" box. PLEASE NOTE, however, that doing so once someone has unsubscribed is considered abuse of the email system unless the person has unsubscribed accidentally and has asked to be resubscribed. If you resubscribe someone who has unsubscribed, the recipients ISP *may* ban all emails from your site, and if you do not have Platinum email, that means that the ISP may ban all messages from all ClassCreator customer sites, so we STRONGLY encourage you to respect the unsubscribe option that your email recipients have chosen.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM - Response #15

One classmate has notify flag off next to her name so I can't email her, however I checked and she DOES want to receive emails. I don't see any check box in her profile that says "receive site emails" The only box she has unchecked is "classmate comments"
Can you please tell what I might be missing? Thanks!

Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM - Response #16

Anne,

Don't look in her PROFILE information, look in her DETAILS page and you will see "Receive Site Emails: [ ]    " and the checkbox is UNCHECKED.

Her details page can be seen on the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, DETAILS page.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM - Response #17

Ahhh.... yep, there it is. Thanks for the quick response Kyle!

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM - Response #18

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Anne,

Don't look in her PROFILE information, look in her DETAILS page and you will see "Receive Site Emails: [ ]    " and the checkbox is UNCHECKED.

Her details page can be seen on the Manage Classmates, Enter/Edit Classmates, DETAILS page.

I know I've seen a different process somewhere here in the forums but I cannot find it on a search. The box you speak about above is no longer there. I do not find a way for the admin to turn the notify back on. I believe there is a process for the classmate to follow. Can you remind me what it is? I am trying to alert all my members to what happens if they click the unsubscribe inadvertently and how they can check and change it back again. Thanks.

Additional Question: When I was testing with one of my e-mail addresses this is what happened:

• Went to an e-mail previosuly received from one of my websites (I have 3 CC websites).
  • clicked the unsubscribe link
  • received the warning message but it listed one of my OTHER websites - other than the one the e-mail had come from.
  • Went ahead and clicked Unsubscribe.
  • logged in to each of my 3 sites and I was unsubscribed from all 3. Had to go into each one individually to click the Receive e-mails box again.

Suggestion: Is it possible to list the websites the e-mail address is registered with and then allow them to click the one(s) they wish to unsubscribe from? Alternatively, only unsubscribe them from the specific website that the r-mail had come from. OR - at the very least list all of the websites they will be unsubscribing from.

Edited 06/21/12 5:41 PM
Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM - Response #19

The checkbox is on the DETAILS page in Manage Classmates, right below Birthday and right above Show On Class List.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 5:49 PM - Response #20

I have one classmate who is still listed as Notify Flag Off in email the class yet when I, as Admin, go to his DETAILS page, I do not see this box shown. I see Birthday, Joined Site On and then Show On Class List. I have 4 others with the Notify Off and I do see the box on their details page.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM - Response #21

What is the classmate's name?

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM - Response #22

Last name Grandinetti.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 6:08 PM - Response #23

Eric,
you say it is right below the Birthday and above Show on Class List but on my system there is only Joined The Site On between the two. Are we, Barbara and I, missing something?

Friday, June 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM - Response #24

For some reason, the checkbox for this member is missing. I have documented and forwarded to programming for review.

Friday, June 22, 2012 at 11:00 AM - Response #25

For whatever it's worth in their investigation - on 4/30 I had notified this member that his notify flag was off and advised what he had to do to fix it. He responded that it was a mistake on his part. According to my Statcounter records, he did log in and go to the Contact Info page that day. I am assuming that he went in to uncheck the box at that time. Maybe he did that and the flag just didn't come off the email the class list? Any way you can check? Just a thought....

Friday, June 22, 2012 at 4:42 PM - Response #26

Barbara,
From Eric's response I take it he thinks it is only on the one classmate you mentioned. I don't see the Notify Flag anywhere in my site.
Where exactly is the Contact Info page you refer to?
I have a phony classmate that I use to try 'things' on and thought I would try to set the Notify Flag on and then see what I could do as an admin. I can find no Notify Flag when I log on as this phony classmate. I looked in the Edit Contact Info link and the Edit Profile link after logging on.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 2:00 PM - Response #27

Earl,

It isn't something you can "Set" on the Classmate Details page. It is only something that you can turn on again after you have turned it off. If you don't see the "Receive Emails: " checkbox, it is because you are already receiving the e-mails. To see the "Receive Emails" checkbox, you would need to click on the link at the bottom of an e-mail sent to you from your website that says you don't want to get e-mails from the website any more.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 9:16 AM - Response #28

Website Administrator wrote:

Additional Question: When I was testing with one of my e-mail addresses this is what happened:

• Went to an e-mail previously received from one of my websites (I have 3 CC websites).
  • clicked the unsubscribe link
  • received the warning message but it listed one of my OTHER websites - other than the one the e-mail had come from.
  • Went ahead and clicked Unsubscribe.
  • logged in to each of my 3 sites and I was unsubscribed from all 3. Had to go into each one individually to click the Receive e-mails box again.

Suggestion: Is it possible to list the websites the e-mail address is registered with and then allow them to click the one(s) they wish to unsubscribe from? Alternatively, only unsubscribe them from the specific website that the r-mail had come from. OR - at the very least list all of the websites they will be unsubscribing from.

Any word on how and if this can be changed?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM - Response #29

Hopefully all these concerns wil be addressed fairly soon, when the Notify Me feature is released. We don't have a release date available, but it is being worked on right now.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM - Response #30

Curious of any progresss has been made on this?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM - Response #31

Barbara,

When a classmate clicks the "unsubscribe link" of the e-mail, it should only open a browser window to your website and point to the NOTIFY ME page. If you aren't logged in to the website, it will force you to log in first.

Does this answer your question?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM - Response #32

Sorry, No. When I did this, I only did it on one of my websites and it opened on that site. However, when I then went to my other sites where I use the same email either as a main login or as a secondary email, the notify flag was off on those sites as well. If an email is listed for multiple sites, I'd like to see a page come up when they click the unsubscribe link listing all of the sites the email is attached to and asking which one they want to unsubscribe. Either that or list all of the sites and tell them you will be unsubscribed from emails from all of these sites. I'd really prefer the first option.

Edited Addition - NEVERMIND! My testing had been before Notify Me was introduced. I just tested again and all is well now only bringing up the affected website's Notify Me page. Sorry to trouble you. Embarassed

Edited 07/17/12 7:46 PM
Monday, May 27, 2013 at 6:58 PM - Response #33

I have 6 classmates who have the (Notify Flag Off) when I try to email the class none of these classmates are included and the solutions given in this thread still don't answer my question. In Details, the category between Birthday and Show on Class List is Joined the Site On. How can I send an email to any of these people who want to attend our Reunion other than going outside the site and emailing?

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM - Response #34

Barry Fancher wrote:

I have 6 classmates who have the (Notify Flag Off) when I try to email the class none of these classmates are included and the solutions given in this thread still don't answer my question. In Details, the category between Birthday and Show on Class List is Joined the Site On. How can I send an email to any of these people who want to attend our Reunion other than going outside the site and emailing?

"Going outside the site and emailing" is the only way you can send a message to a classmate who has the "Notify Flag Off."

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM - Response #35

If a member has the Notify Flag Off, this means that at some point, they intentionally unsubscribed to the email and no other email should be sent to that person via the site per their request.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM - Response #36

I have just run into this situation for the first time. I have a classmate who is attending the reunion and wants to receive emails but must have accidently checked the box. As Administrator, is there any way I can reverse this instead of emailing her outside the website, trying to explain what happened, and giving her instructions for reversing the option?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 4:58 PM - Response #37

If you are certain that they wish to resume receiving emails, you can go to Manage Classmates > Enter / Edit Classmates > Details for their name and Check the box that will be unchecked that says Receive Site Email.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM - Response #38

When I go into the Manage Classmates> Enter/Edit Classmates>Details for this classmate, I see no such box that says Receive Site Email. She does want to receive emails, and her name is Kay Volkmann (Zabka). Help!

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 8:09 PM - Response #39

I logged in as her and on the NOTIFY ME page, changed this option

An administrator sends an email to all Classmates (strongly recommended)

Monday, January 4, 2021 at 11:33 AM - Response #40

Is there a way to confirm with the classmate that this was intentional? Our class has 3 "Notify Flag Off" signals: one is probably intentional but the other two are questionable. We can send emails directly, but that rather defeats the purpose of being able to send messages to the entire class.

Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 6:47 PM - Response #41

You can check bounces to see if their email address bounced.

If they aren't listed there then they likely turned it off manually. You can email them directly and ask if they wish to receive those notices - if so they can turn it back on under Notify Me. If you want to send me first initials and last names I can look to see how they have their settings set up and can generally tell if it is intentional. Some people just really don't want a lot of emails.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.