ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Dead people being sent emails

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/06/24 04:48 PM Views: 73 Replies: 2
Monday, May 6, 2024 at 4:48 PM

For some reason, it shows that it’s sending emails to 157 people and there are not 157 living people who are supposed to be getting my emails. Sometimes it says 118 sometimes it says 130 but 157 is way over the top because I know those people are dead. Could somebody tell me how to get that fixed?

Monday, May 6, 2024 at 6:25 PM - Response #1

I assume you're talking about an email sent via Email the Class.

Under Admin Functions, click on Email the Class, then click on "View" for the email in question. Then, next to "Recipients:", you'll see the number of recipients the email was sent to. See if that number is 157. Click "view" to see the names the email was sent to.

It's impossible for a dead person to receive an email unless you haven't created an In Memory entry for them and they still have a profile.

Since your Classmate Profiles list is password-protected, I can't see if you have any guest members. If you sent the email in question to some guest members that you normally don't include as recipients, that would increase your total number of recipients.

Edited 05/06/24 6:29 PM
Monday, May 6, 2024 at 9:00 PM - Response #2

Hi Karen,

I'm sure you know these steps, however, I wanted to make certain the instructions are here for anyone else searching the topic.

Scott is correct that their name needs to be added to In Memory even if you don't have further details - the system does not email anyone added to In Memory.

Go to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page for In Memory >

Scroll down to just below the Save Changes button of the content editor on the top of the page.

There is a classmate search field where you can begin to type their name. Names will begin to appear. Select the name of the member and click the link to Add Deceased Classmate. You will be taken to a page to add further information as well as an obituary if one is available.

We have a help video for this topic as well

https://www.classcreator.com/templates/h...utube_id=ybngU3RkvFQ

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.