ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Christmas Theme

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/03/08 08:03 PM Views: 8540 Replies: 31
Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Dear Brad could you make a occational themes like Christmas design.

And before I forgot in behalf of my classmates we thank you for everything you have done.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 8:18 PM - Response #1

That'd be kinda cool wouldn't it. So I'll give you a "maybe" for now. Reason for that being, while a neat idea, there are literally so many hundrds of things on the Tast List more pressing it may well be NEXT Christmas that we actually get to making holiday designs. Added to list of things to discuss, which is kind of a pre Task List area I created for ideas that may someday turn into Tasks.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 12:16 AM - Response #2

Hi,in the meantime you can decorate it yourself. Take a look at my page and if you like it you can get the background at: http://www.infoservemedia.com/design/resources/backgrounds/
and just past the code into your home page. They have several other designs to choose from. The wreath and fireplace I got from Google images.
Good Luck.

Edited 12/04/08 12:17 AM
Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 8:53 AM - Response #3

Thanks Joy for sharing that background site! I really like it. Your site looks great!

Thursday, December 4, 2008 at 1:39 PM - Response #4

You're welcome Bonnie. Glad to share. Thanks for the compliment, it's a fun project for me. Yours look fabulous.
Best wishes.
Joy

Friday, December 5, 2008 at 5:18 PM - Response #5

When I get the image I want for my background, where do I put it? Just at the top of the source code for the home page?

Edited 12/05/08 5:27 PM
Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 2:53 AM - Response #6

Click on Edit Site Pages, then on Home Page, then Source and paste the code.
Good luck.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 5:21 PM - Response #7

Wow, you guys are fast, thanks Joy, yours is exactly what I was looking for. There are so many choices I couldn't decided which one to use, so one of my kids suggested that I change it every week, maybe I willLaughing

Johanne

Edited 12/10/08 5:23 PM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM - Response #8

Sorry, was confused about another thread, the kids are home from school can you tell?? But I found the the answer to my question, that's what countsVery Happy

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 6:52 PM - Response #9

Let it snow let it snow let it snow. Smile

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 8:25 PM - Response #10

Too Cool! I just did what you said and Voila I have snowflakes. On my site I have a talking Santa (that cost me) and lovely angel with written message and a red and green teddy bear music player (we were the cubs) playing Christmas music. I must say I like it.

Do you know any January music? Jack Frost sings the Beatles?

K

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 10:21 PM - Response #11

Hey Brad, I know you said putting the background on the active side of the page would make the writing difficult to read but it would look great on the picture pages. The background shows up on the active side of the page when in the edit mode so I see how great it looks. There are also some backgrounds that are very faint and would not interfere with scripts. So if it's not a big deal is there anyway to get backgrounds on the active side too? Or at least consider making it possible when you do the album page that you're working on? Anyway, just a suggestion.
Thanks, Brad.
Joy

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM - Response #12

Sure, you can actually do that now. Just use the background as a table background, and then put your images on top of it. I actually just posted some info about this in another thread regarding how to use a corkboard background. The exact same philosophy will work for this. Check it out here.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM - Response #13

Hilary Ho Sang wrote:

Hey Brad, I know you said putting the background on the active side of the page would make the writing difficult to read but it would look great on the picture pages. The background shows up on the active side of the page when in the edit mode so I see how great it looks. There are also some backgrounds that are very faint and would not interfere with scripts. So if it's not a big deal is there anyway to get backgrounds on the active side too? Or at least consider making it possible when you do the album page that you're working on? Anyway, just a suggestion.
Thanks, Brad.
Joy

On my site, I have made the snowflake image the background for a table row in several spots. It is also the background for the body of the HTML.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 12:34 AM - Response #14

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Hilary Ho Sang wrote:
Thanks, Brad.
Joy

On my site, I have made the snowflake image the background for a table row in several spots. It is also the background for the body of the HTML.

How do you get the background in the center of the page and not on the far right?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 1:19 AM - Response #15

Put in a table set to 100% width, and then make the graphic the background image for the table.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 9:17 AM - Response #16

Is it possible to change the gray background of the "announcements" box on the homepage?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 1:12 PM - Response #17

No, but that's on the Task List, so it will be poossible soon.

Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 6:24 PM - Response #18

Bonnie,

Where did you get the cork bulletin board affect ?

Looks great...

Please tell me how you put it on your home page..

Thanks, Lynda

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM - Response #19

Joy Joy~cool page! Very Happy You have done a nice job putting it together..

Edited 12/15/08 1:58 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 10:51 PM - Response #20

Sorry Lynda. Didn't get notice of your post. The corkboard is just a background I found on line. I saved it to my computer as a jpg then pulled it into Microsoft Publisher on any blank document and manipulated the other jpg files onto it. Then I did a print preview, did a screen shot and opened it in Irfan and saved it as a jpg. Then I opened it in ACDSee and cropped it to the size of the bulletin board. Then uploaded it to the site as a normal jpg. It sounds convoluted but it's really easy to do. Let me know if I can help. By the way, most of the things on the bulletin board I raided from the Class Creator Home Page.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 1:42 AM - Response #21

Would you mind sharing your falling snowflake background?? I like it a lot. Where did you get it?? Your site is actually all really creative!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 6:34 AM - Response #22

The falling snowflakes can be found here:

http://www.wishafriend.com/fallingobjects/

Have fun!

Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 6:48 PM - Response #23

Actually, I am trying to find out which chat room source/link you are using. I have Java Chat and it seems very difficult for some classmates to access.

Nice job on the Site!! Lots of wonderful items and Information!

JIM

Edited 12/18/08 6:50 PM
Thursday, December 18, 2008 at 7:57 PM - Response #24

I use AddOnChat. It was recommended in the FAQ's. The free version is very simple to install and use and we have enjoyed it. The only problem was it didn't tell you how to logon. We all just use our name as logon ID.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 11:42 AM - Response #25

Bonnie, I managed to find a corkboard, but how did you get the little push pins to pin up pics ????? Thanks, Bonita

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 6:56 AM - Response #26
Pushpin.gif

Hi Bonita. It's just a .gif file with a transparent background that I manipulate around where ever I want it. I'll attach it here.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM - Response #27

Bonnie, How very cool!! Thank you so much for that. I look forward to trying it out!!! Bonita

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 8:54 PM - Response #28

Is there another way to add a background? I have so much on my home page when I hit SOURCE, I am not sure if it will over lap the one I already have.. (which, yes, I FORGOT how I did it!!) So, is there another way? Am I missing something? THanks!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM - Response #29

Hi Cindy! Look at the left under Admin. Functions and click on Change Colors and then see the Background Image? Put the background code in here and then click the save button. This should do it. If you decide to change the background, I found it quickly successful if you make sure you check the box underneath where it says delete backgound image and then save and then come back and put the image you want in and save again.

Good luck and stay tuned for some good Christmas backgrounds under Building Blocks in the Help Forums.

Take care,
Dawn

Cindy Muhl wrote:

Is there another way to add a background? I have so much on my home page when I hit SOURCE, I am not sure if it will over lap the one I already have.. (which, yes, I FORGOT how I did it!!) So, is there another way? Am I missing something? THanks!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 10:41 PM - Response #30

Thanks Dawn. However, I tried that, but nothing will PASTE in there. I copied all SORTS of codes just trying to get ONE to paste in, yet it wont???

Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM - Response #31

Where are you getting your codes from?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.