Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Music to Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/26/08 09:38 AM Views: 1478 Replies: 22
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM

How do I add music to the site?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 10:48 AM - Response #1

Welcome to our community! I just added music yesterday so I can help you with this. I got mine at playlist.com. I would recommend choosing which songs you want and in what order ahead of time. It will make it much easier. You can choose if you want it to come on automatically. I have mine set for that. Once you leave the home page, the music stops. I pause my music, click on pop out player which opens up a new screen and the music will play while you are on the other pages. I am not real computer savvy so it took me some time to figure this all out.
I had my countdown clock above the announcements and when I added the music, it was blocking the right panel. I moved my announcements up which you can do on the edit announcements page. Then my music moved to the bottom which is neater.
If you have any more questions or problems, contact me again or check the FAQ's about 3rd party imbeds. Good luck. Tam

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM - Response #2

Felisha,

Using Playlist.com is so simple...they walk you right throught it. Even an old man like me figured it out...once you get the hang of it no problem.

I had it on our homepage with our school song with a countdown clock to our recent reunion and folks loved it!!!

I just have it on the customizable link.

Good luck and have fun...JIM

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 at 1:06 PM - Response #3

I tried embedding the code, but the page never finishes loading. I have other things on the page and they seem to work fine. Is there a trick to getting the player and music to load?

Thanks --
FA

Edited 08/27/08 1:07 PM
Thursday, August 28, 2008 at 12:06 AM - Response #4

It appears you copied incomplete code. I would remove that code, go back and regenerate it, and try again. Make sure you copy absolutely everything -- every last character in object embed code matters.

Monday, September 26, 2011 at 5:08 PM - Response #5

Things were going great till I couldn't find "Publish" I did find "Post" but nothing seem to happen.. also when I right-click on the MySpace icon I get "show all" but no select.
HELP

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 12:31 PM - Response #6

Hi Dusty,

When you go to playlist.com and log into your account, there is a link at the top of the page marked "Share My Playlists" and if you click on it, you'll see a list of the playlists you've created. Click on the one you want to embed on your page, then click the purple box marked "Get Code". On that screen, click the button marked "Copy" (on the lower right, above the field with the code in it). Then return to the page editor on your class site, and click the "Source" button on the upper left of the formatting toolbar. Click at the bottom of the content (or wherever you want your player to show up) and paste in the embed code. Click the "Save Changes" button and you're all done.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 1:42 PM - Response #7

OK, got the code, went to the bottom of the source code for the home page but it wont let me past the coppied code. I get a choice of "select all" which it dosent, and "Copy" ... no Paste.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM - Response #8

If you're not getting the "Paste" option, then the code must not have copied. Instead of using the "Copy" button on the playlist site, try clicking into the field with their embed code, selecting all the code there and copying it directly (instead of using the button).

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:06 PM - Response #9

It coppied OK, I can paste it onto a word doc. just can't past it onto the source page. By the way I'm using Windows 7.
When I move the arrow over the code to copy it turns into a hand. when I right click it looks like it coppied. Seem to be having issues with the source code page.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:06 PM - Response #10

It coppied OK, I can paste it onto a word doc. just can't past it onto the source page. By the way I'm using Windows 7.
When I move the arrow over the code to copy it turns into a hand. when I right click it looks like it coppied. Seem to be having issues with the source code page.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:11 PM - Response #11

You may be using Internet Explorer 9, which causes some issues with various websites, including our editor utility. If so, try selecting the "Tools" menu at the top of the browser window and clicking on "Compatibility Mode". Then try refreshing your class site editor page and try again.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:30 PM - Response #12

Yes, I also am running Explorer 9. When I click “Compatibility Mode” it seems to refresh the page automatically... There is also a “Compatibility View Settings” which lists my webpage as being in compatibility mode. Oh, and a check mark appears beside “Compatibility Mode”.
I have also clicked the "refresh" button, still nothing... have also noted I can't just replay to your email.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:53 PM - Response #13

In some cases, odd problems which will not go away seem to be resolved by rebooting the computer. If that doesn't do it for you, let us know.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:23 PM - Response #14

Reboot didn't help.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:28 PM - Response #15

You mentioned not being able to reply to my email... It sounds like the problem is not just with our site. You may need more hands-on help with your computer than we can provide to resolve this. I'm not sure what else to tell you.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:50 PM - Response #16

Actually your email starts off with "noreply" I'm thinking I'm supposed to use this forum to communicate with you

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:07 PM - Response #17

That's right, click on the link to the forums that is in the e-mail and then reply in the forum. Then everyone can see what is being said. That is why the e-mail you get says "noreply@classcreator.net"

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 8:48 AM - Response #18

First, thanks for all your support, you really busted your buns to make this work.
Since I have the playlist created, I'm going to have my main site administrator try to copy the source code to our website.
By the way when I right click on the home page of our website to get the source code, the button says "View Source". Could this be an issue as maybe it should say "Update Source"???

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM - Response #19

Right-clicking on your website will show you the page display code that was sent to your browser (it is a browser function, not a website function).

If you want to update your website, you need to click the EDIT SITE PAGES, then Edit the contents of the page you want to change, then if you are going to insert codes, you need to click the SOURCE button and then paste your codes. Make sure you click SAVE CHANGES so that the changes you are making will get sent to the server so the next time your page is displayed, it will use the new codes.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 9:21 AM - Response #20

Worked like a champ. I have music on our home page, is there any way to get it to play throughout the website???
Thanks again.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM - Response #21

In order for the music to play throughout your website, you would have to open up the player in a new window. If you use the MP3 Player Widget (found when you click the WIDGETS link), it has the capabilities to open in another window. If you use a 3rd party object, it plays on the same page that it was loaded on.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM - Response #22

Thanks again Kyle for all your efforts. I know have music all over my website. You've done outstanding.
Dusty

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.