ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Threaded E-mail in THIS forum?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/09/09 08:41 AM Views: 3503 Replies: 9
Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Question: since the Threaded E-mail module is completed (assuming it is MODULAR), will the Inbox of THIS forum be changed so that we can have THREADED E-MAIL and be able to see Private Messages that we have SENT as well as RECEIVED?

Sunday, August 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM - Response #1

For the moment no. Different animal. The new Threaded Email System is tightly integrated with the Class Creator system in dozens of ways. These forums here have nothing to do with the Class Creator system itself, and intergation of that system here would be no small task.

We could probably redirect the "Email" link here so messages go right into the actual new Threaded Email system itself. Although I'm not sure mixing Admin forum email with regular Classmate email is the best of ideas either. It's something to think about after a couple hundred more pressing tasks are out of the way.

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 9:38 AM - Response #2

Since all I really want is to be able to remember what I have sent in a Private Message, then how about a "My Settings" checkbox option to send all SENT Private Messages to the e-mail address of the account?

Private Messages: (Radio Button)Yes, allow others to send me private messages.
(Radio Button)No, don't allow others to send me private messages.
CHECKBOX Send a copy of sent private messages to Email address above

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 3:28 PM - Response #3

The 2 issues I have with that are:

1) I don't think people are going to find this option under "My Settings." You will, but virtually nobody else will.

2) Sending a copy to your own POP3 inbox isn't a good long term solution for seeing what was sent. In most cases that will get lost in the shuffle or easily deleted.

I think the quickest thing we can do here for now is just quote the original message when somebody clicks the "Reply" button. Just like any other email program would do.

Monday, August 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM - Response #4

OK

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 9:46 PM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Since all I really want is to be able to remember what I have sent in a Private Message ...

Hidden feature time.

Notice when you're in your private message "inbox" on the forums it says, at the top: "Folder: Inbox"

Guess what.

There's a sent folder =)

http://forums.classcreator.com/pmlist.cfm?folderid=1

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 9:55 PM - Response #6

Is it a NEW hidden feature or has it been there all along? It should be exposed.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM - Response #7

I agree, we should add a "Sent" link to the right of the Inbox link.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 10:25 PM - Response #8

It's not a new feature, it's been there all along.

I don't know why there wasn't a link to it.

There is now.

Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM - Response #9

Thanks Very Happy

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.