ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Background image feature

), table cells (
Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/28/09 01:37 AM Views: 1667 Replies: 11
Monday, September 28, 2009 at 1:37 AM

I love your new background image feature! I wanted to try a few different fall pics for the background so I uploaded the first one, liked it but wanted to try another, but it wont let me. I deleted off the first one and uploaded the other one I wanted and it took it back to the original pic. So I guess what I am saying, is it won't let me upload any other pictures other then what is there. It's a pretty simple thing to do, this new feature of yours, but I must be doing something wrong. Please help!Embarassed

Edited 09/28/09 1:38 AM
Monday, September 28, 2009 at 1:42 AM - Response #1

Never mind I guess you need to go back into your main page of your site to see the new pic, because it's there now! I figured when you changed it, you would see the change right there like it did when I loaded the first pic. Thank you anyways.Very Happy

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM - Response #2

No, I am wrong it is still doing it! I don't know how it changed to the second picture, but when I tried to change it again, it wouldn't let me. Sorry, so I do need your help! Embarassed

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 5:09 AM - Response #3

Sounds like a caching issue. Try clearing your browser's cache (clear temporary Internet files), shut down your browser, open it up again, and reload.

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM - Response #4

Brad / Kyle

I understand the process for changing the background image on the unused portion of your screen, and it works GREAT! Thanks.

My question is - Can one change the background (either color or an image) INSIDE the page itself, where the text, etc.. would go? If so, is it able to be changed on each page individually? Could you outline the steps if it is possible? I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did search and couldn't find it.

Thanks so much - Doug

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 8:27 AM - Response #5

Doug Platt wrote:

Brad / Kyle

I understand the process for changing the background image on the unused portion of your screen, and it works GREAT! Thanks.

My question is - Can one change the background (either color or an image) INSIDE the page itself, where the text, etc.. would go? If so, is it able to be changed on each page individually? Could you outline the steps if it is possible? I apologize if this has been answered already, but I did search and couldn't find it.

Thanks so much - Doug

Hi Doug,

You can change the background image of ANY HTML ELEMENT by using a cascading style sheet (CSS). Here's how:

Paste THIS code into the SOURCE window of the editor page you want to use.

THEN when you use the CSS style, just add a class='tablebackground' element to your HTML object. The example below is for a whole table. It also works with

, table rows (
), and many other HTML elements.

YOUR TABLE CONTENTS HERE

To change the IMAGE that gets displayed, just change the style what is between the "url(" and ")" (looks like "http://.....jpg" in the example)

You don't have to do it through a CSS, you can also set the background color and image like this (example for a table cell HTML element)

Edited 09/28/09 9:02 AM
Monday, September 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM - Response #6

Yvette,

I was having the same problem. I deleted the first background I had installed and put on the new one. Went to my home page to check it and there was the first one back ! So I repeated the process and the same thing happened.. Then all of a sudden it corrected itself..
So I can't really tell you what I did.. Maybe if you go out of your site and what a few minutes, then go back, hopefully, your new background will be there.

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 11:14 AM - Response #7

I practiced alot on my family site. I think it's just a matter of it taking a bit of time for the deletion and change to happen. I'm using your leaves! I feel like I want to change it up everyday...How fun! Bonita

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 6:18 PM - Response #8

Thank you everyone!Very Happy

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 6:30 PM - Response #9

Did you get it to work, Yvette ?

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM - Response #10

Sorry I have not re-tried it agian, I have been really sick!Sad Hope to be better tomorrow enough to mess around on my site. Just checking my messages for a minute! But thank you and I will let you know!Very Happy

Sunday, October 4, 2009 at 1:38 PM - Response #11

I did get it to work, but I am still not sure how I did it. It seemed like I had to go in and out of some pages or even out of the site and back in to finally get it to work. Thank you for your help and suggestions.Very Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.