ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Pop up ads

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/01/13 09:18 AM Views: 1265 Replies: 5
Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I have noticed that some of my text becomes a different color and is double underlined; all of which I did not do. As I pass over the text with the mouse, I am treated to a pop up advertisement related to the underlined words. I know I did not add this feature to my text; I wouldn't know how. It's quite clever--I'll give it that. If the highlighted words are ice cream, the pop up sells ice cream, and so on.

What's going on? I would like this practice to end; can you do something about it?

Carole

I just posted this, and the words school and text are underlined with an appropriate advertisement. Amazing and totally objectionable.

Edited 06/01/13 9:20 AM
Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM - Response #1

You have a virus on your computer called "malware". It isn't really bad, but it isn't wanted. You can usually remove these programs with a free program called www.malwarebytes.org .

Good luck.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 8:30 AM - Response #2

Hi Kyle,

I've run several scans with "malwarebytes.org, and my system now "seems to be" clear. However, my 2 class sites still have these unwanted ads. Can any of this be on your end?

Carole

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM - Response #3

Do you have another computer and/or another browser where you can test? open another browser, view the same page and see if you see the highlighted words as links. On a different computer (maybe office or library), view the same page and see if you still see the links that aren't supposed to be there.

I viewed your http://www.fengerjune1958.com/class_index.cfm website and the words "ice cream" are not a link as you say.

For it to be on our end, everyone who visits your website would need to be seeing it.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM - Response #4

Will check another computer as you suggest. Was sure hoping it was on your end. Thanks for looking.

Carole

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM - Response #5

You could also check with other classmates. I doubt they are seeing it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.