ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Embedded playlist song

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/14/12 06:25 PM Views: 2055 Replies: 33
Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I have succefully embedded a song on memory page, however, when I pull up page as member the playlist diolog box appears on page and I have to manually start the song. Is there anyway I can hide the box and have the song start automatically when page is opened? Thanks in advance

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 7:00 PM - Response #1

Gary,

Adding the parameter "autostart='true'" to the source code made it start automatically. To make it invisible, I changed the height and width of the playlist to 1. It really isn't invisible, but it is close to being invisible.

I also deleted the "Get your own playlist" and other advertisements.

I made the changes for you. If you don't like the changes, you can always restore it from backup.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM - Response #2

Thanks Kyle... I see the changes that makes it start automatically but when page comes up it still loads the playlist box.....how do I check and see if the height and width have changed...under the FAQ it just says to change em...

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 8:56 PM - Response #3

Kyle,
Is there a way to set up a play list on the home page and a different mode of music for just the In memory page? I am still unable to configure placing the playlist on the home page. However,after reading the question posed, I thought this was a good time to ask.
Thanks!

With warmest regards,
Kathi

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM - Response #4

Gary,

The changes I did will work for FireFox (what I use) and I think Internet Explorer. It might not work like that on Safari.

Kathi,

Which playlist are you talking about? Do you have one in mind? If so, post the codes for the playlist in a blank announcement and let me know what you called the announcement and I can take a look.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 9:46 PM - Response #5

Kyle,
This is the playlist I did for our home page
FHS Flyers 1972
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/23141638155
I wanted to place it on the bottom on the home page above the countdown clock and the process alludes me.

Then on the In Memory page, I wanted to use
http://pl.st/s/1687559697
In the Arms of an Angel, which I tried 3 times to put
on its own site to no avail.

I thought if I changed the titles it would help. Obviously, NOT!

FHS Flyers 1972 In Memory
(0 songs)
This playlist is empty
In Memory 1972 FHS
(0 songs)
This playlist is empty
Memories 1972
0 songs
This playlist is empty

However, it has been added to the home page list. ??

Thanks!
Kathi

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM - Response #6

Kathi,

Go to this link:
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/23141638155

Click the SHARE THIS PLAYLIST link (bottom left of your playlist)
Choose the colors, autostart, SKIN, Shuffle options
Click the GET CODE button

After you get the codes, go to your home page, EDIT SITE PAGES, EDIT Home Page, then scroll down to where you want the playlist, then PASTE the codes you copied from PlayList.com
Save Changes.
Your playlist will then appear on your home page.

For THIS playlist : http://pl.st/s/1687559697
You need to create a playlist with that song.
Then do the same thing as you did above to get the codes.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM - Response #7

Didn't work. Same problem I have had before, except this time, the page widened and everything is off center. What to do?
I pasted the code and the code is exactly what I got.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM - Response #8

I forgot to tell you to click SOURCE before pasting the playlist. I did it for you and it worked.

Have you created a playlist with your IN MEMORY song on it? I think you might need to click the ADD button to add the song to a playlist.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 at 11:17 PM - Response #9

Oh, many thanks! I have been emailing the class. No, I haven't done the other page.

How do I change the name of the playlist so that it does not add it to the other list, which is what it did every time I attempted to add it even w/a different name?

Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM - Response #10

I don't know because I don't use Playlist. Sorry

Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM - Response #11

Kathleen Russell-Rader wrote:

How do I change the name of the playlist so that it does not add it to the other list, which is what it did every time I attempted to add it even w/a different name?

It looks like at the top of playlist.com, you can "create a playlist". Have you tried that? Then when the song is playing, you will see a drop-down with a list of your playlists you have created. If you choose a different playlist in the drop-down before you click the ADD button, it should switch playlists and add it to the playlist shown in the drop-down.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM - Response #12

Hi Kyle,

I have been having the same problem. I added a playlist to my Memory page and it shows up as this big dialog box. I i ended up deleting the whole playlist because it didn't look good.

I saw on someone's site where they had a hyperlink that said, "click here to listen to music on this page." with the word here being the link. It also had a music icon in front of it. How do I do that? It would certainly solve the big playlist dialog box problem.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sunday, April 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM - Response #13

Hi Sarah,

I believe the player that offers you a choice to listen or not listen to music is the one offered by CC.

Look at your ADMIN FUNCTIONS. Several up from the bottom is WIDGETS. Click on Widgets to find the player.

This is on my 'to do' list.

Edited 04/15/12 2:06 PM
Monday, April 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM - Response #14

Kyle,
What other music site would you recommend? Thanks!
Kathi

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 9:26 PM - Response #15

Kyle,
I have ascertained how to set up a separate play list, but all I am getting is a link, at least for the music I have selected. Then, at one time a notice popped up at the bottom of the page

Warning: http://www.playlist.com/playlist/23202663947 is unreachable-That notice was from Facebook. I am not posting on Facebook and Facebook was NOT checked.

After researching some other music, I returned to that playlist and that warning is no longer present. However, I continue to get only a link and nothing else. Suggestions?

We have an MP3 player on our site, but on a different page with different music. I want this to be on the In Memory page only. I tried Flash Fetish and had no luck there, either. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Kathi

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM - Response #16

Kathi? Are you still available?

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM - Response #17

I can't get this to work. I can get through the creation of it but don't know how to place it on a specific page. In addition, the created list has no songs because I don't have an mp3 list set up, just the playlist from playlist.com. (i tried to bring that one in but it only brought in the title, not the songs.) if i just embrd the source code on our In Memoty page, The dialog box is still way big with playlist.com ,

Sorry to be so dense about this.

Sarah

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM - Response #18

Kathi & Gwen,

Kathi, I posted the In Memory music you wanted to your IN MEMORY page. Gwen supplied it.

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM - Response #19

Sarah,

If you want the Playlist on your In Memory page, you can then paste it and then click SOURCE and search for "height" and "width" and replace any numbers after each of them to make the playlist dialog box smaller. If you change both height and width to 1, it will be nearly invisible. If you change them to 0, it won't play on some browsers.

When you search for the height and width, you will need to replace about five of each one. You will be changing the number after the "height=" or "width="

Monday, April 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM - Response #20

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Kathi & Gwen,

Kathi, I posted the In Memory music you wanted to your IN MEMORY page. Gwen supplied it.

Thanks so much, Kyle!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM - Response #21

Gwen and Kyle,
Wow! Thanks! Much Appreciated! However, I do need to know what I am doing wrong so that I can do it correctly. I did figure out how to do a separate play list, which was no big deal, after reading. But there is something that I am missing somewhere after I hit source, paste, source. As I mentioned before I cashed in my chips after banging my head in the wall last evening, all I was getting was the link and nothing else. Obviously, I am doing something wrong. You think? I repeat the process numerous times, so there must be a step I am missing. I have tried to follow your directions to the letter to no avail. Perhaps a lobotomy? I am genuinely appreciative of your efforts. I sit here for hours and you take seconds. Of course, that's why you are there answering the questions and I am here asking them. I need to learn do this solo! I need to learn as I need to be independent in this aspect. Let me know what I should do. It is crucial that I learn to do this independently.

Oozing with gratitude,
Kathi

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM - Response #22

All I did was this:
Edit Site Pages,
Edit IN MEMORY
Click SOURCE
PASTE the codes I got from Gwen
Searched for all occurrences of "height=" and "width=" and changed their values (not a required step)
SAVE CHANGES

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 10:11 AM - Response #23

Well, Kyle, you must have the magic touch. I tried that and nothing happened. Now after I pasted, I went back and clicked source again. Perhaps that's where I screwed up. However, I still think I am doing something WRONG in the totality. And, yes, I do save my changes. Thanks!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 10:26 AM - Response #24

Maybe it is your Chrome browser. There have been problems reported with that. I use Firefox.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 11:17 AM - Response #25

Kathi, the 'link' you were using was the short link to one song vs. the embed code for the playlist.

I'll be around later. Have a good day.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM - Response #26

Gwen,
That was the only link I saw. However, I had been at the computer for a number of hours and may have overlooked something. However, I did follow the embedding part line by line. It is either Chrome as Kyle suggested (I wish...) or me, or both.

Whatever the reason, I need to learn!
Thanks!

Kathi

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM - Response #27

Gwen,
That was the only link I saw. However, I had been at the computer for a number of hours and may have overlooked something. However, I did follow the embedding part line by line. It is either Chrome as Kyle suggested (I wish...) or me, or both.

Whatever the reason, I need to learn!
Thanks!

Kathi

Kathi... it is NOT Chrome or you. It is that you copied the short link to the one song. In order to embed anything on a page, you need the actual embed code.

For you and others who are new to this, I have taken screen shots of your playlist and added to each the steps to find and copy the embed code. The page is currently open to everyone. Find it by following this link: PLAYLIST EMBED CODE.

Edited 04/17/12 4:13 PM
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 3:34 PM - Response #28

Sarah Lee Chambers wrote:

I can't get this to work. I can get through the creation of it but don't know how to place it on a specific page. In addition, the created list has no songs because I don't have an mp3 list set up, just the playlist from playlist.com. (i tried to bring that one in but it only brought in the title, not the songs.) if i just embrd the source code on our In Memoty page, The dialog box is still way big with playlist.com ,

Sorry to be so dense about this.

Sarah

Sarah, Did you get your player resized?

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM - Response #29

Gwen,
That is what I did with the home page and didn't get anything except all of the different lines with words and symbols. Following your instructions of the other evening, I hit SOURCE first, then pasted the code, and then source again, save changes, and ended up with the code splashed all over the page, and no music.

Last night I thought I would try another page. Why when I had had no luck with it before? INSANITY!! I thought it was strange that I was given only a link, but then that notice at the bottom of the page indicating that it was not reachable...Is it possible to use page 7 to practice?
Thanks!

Kathi

and YES, it is ME!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM - Response #30

Sarah,
I have the dense category covered. You will need to choose another one.

Kathi

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM - Response #31

Gwen,
Is it possible to use page 7 to practice?
Thanks!

Kathi

and YES, it is ME!

Kathi,
Yes, use one of your custom pages to practice.

I copied the embed code from your playlist and sent it to Kyle to embed last night. That is how it was done.

Follow the steps I posted on TAP under PLAYLIST EMBED CODE to copy the code. Save it and then embed it into the source of your practice page. Smile

Let us know how your practice works. Smile

Edited 04/17/12 11:19 PM
Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM - Response #32

Looks like Playlist.com has changed their site. My code is no longer working for music. Does anyone have any suggestions to this?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM - Response #33

Some have tried mixpod.com and found it works for them. Someone else mentioned mp3skull.com. We have not explored these and they are therefore not actual recommendations, so my recommendation is: Approach with caution and let us know in the forums about your experiences.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.