ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Getting credit from website link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/30/10 10:43 AM Views: 1903 Replies: 17
Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Not sure if this question has been asked before but is anyone at CC able to see how and when a CC website was created and what link they followed? I have a link to another class year on my website and they've created a CC website and copied a lot of what I have on my site. I don't have a problem with copying graphics etc but if they clicked on my site to go to the cc site and created their site, I'd like to be able to get credit for it. The site is http://www.classcreator.com/Austin-TX-Reagan-Lbj-1975/class_index.cfm. Thanks!

Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 10:52 AM - Response #1

Their site was created "Created:    10/04/09". They didn't put down any referral ID when they signed up. It is far too late to get any credit for referring their site - even if they did use your site as a referral site. The refer-a-friend is all automated. They enter the Promo Code or click on your banner ad link and then you will get the $50 check in the mail after 6 months.

We don't keep track of who clicks on what link in each ClassCreator website.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 11:17 AM - Response #2

How about if an admin creates a 2nd or 3rd site, can one get the $50 credit as they would if a 3rd party did the same?

Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM - Response #3

Ok thanks-I was just curious.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 11:49 AM - Response #4

Absolutely. You can use the Refer a Friend program to refer yourself.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 11:56 AM - Response #5

By the way we do track when a CC web site is created and if an affiliate links was followed. In fact we show this information on your web site too under your Refer a Friend link. So if somebody has built a trial site and they had clicked on your link OR used your Promo Code, you'd see your that site listed on your site as somebody you referred. If they then choose to join the system the info under your Refer a Friend link will change to show you the date your $50 referral check will be cut and mailed out.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM - Response #6

Got my first $50 check about 2 weeks ago -- Thanks, CC. Razz

Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 10:50 AM - Response #8

Jack,

All of the details are found on your REFER A FRIEND link when you sign in to your website.

When they press the SUBSCRIPTION link and decide to subscribe, there will be a PROMO CODE field that they will need to fill out in order for you to get the check. Or you can e-mail them the link and have them click it before creating their website. If they click the link, everything is automatic and they won't need to enter a promo code.

Both the link and your promo code are found on your REFER A FRIEND page.

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 6:29 PM - Response #10

I see on our website that payment for Refer a Friend is to be paid 11/20/10 but have not seen a check or payment via paypal. Can someone verify this? I think the referral party is on a monthly basis with their website.

Edited 01/03/11 6:30 PM
Monday, January 3, 2011 at 7:01 PM - Response #11

I checked out San-Antonio-TX-Sam-Houston-1961 and they were on a monthly basis when they first signed up. They are now on a yearly basis (as of Dec 18th), but you need to wait the six months since they first signed up before the bonus is sent. I will check with Accounting to make sure that the check wasn't sent yet.

Since their first payment was "08/22/10 1:24 PM", that means that the referral bonus should be paid until six months after that date. I don't understand why it says 11/20/10 on your Refer A Friend page.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM - Response #12

Tina,

I checked with accounting and the referral check will be paid soon. The date was just a glitch in the system that was caused when your "Refer A Friend" class updated to Premium in the middle of their monthly subscription.

The check will come as a live check and not through PayPal.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 7:53 PM - Response #13

A couple of months ago, another school (FPHS '62) used our referral code and created a CC site. Under our "Sites We've Referred," their school is listed. Initially there was an estimated date for the referral payment to come to us, but I don't remember what the date was. However, I recently noticed that the date field now shows "paid." From what I understand about this process, a check should be sent to us. Can someone let me know where the payment has been or will be sent? I am not aware that we have received any payment.
Thanks!

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 7:59 PM - Response #14

Alice,

According to the records, they signed up on 11/10/11 11:50 PM. We don't pay the referral bonuses until after 90 days (we have a 90 days money back guarantee), so you shouldn't get the referral until after Feb. 10th, 2012 . If you haven't received it by the 20th, please get back to us.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 8:09 PM - Response #15

Thanks for such a quick reply, Kyle! I was just confused because it was marked "paid." I will make a follow up for Feb 20. Will the check come to me?

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 8:15 PM - Response #16

Yes, the Refer A Friend has your membership ID, so since it is listed there where you can see it, it will be sent to you.

It might be PAID because the check is already written, but need to wait for the 90 days before it can go in the mail.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 8:23 PM - Response #17

Thanks again, Kyle! Nice to know how it works.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.