ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Editable text section for profiles page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/05/12 09:36 PM Views: 1493 Replies: 4
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

A TAP member asked in chat if there is a way to add text to the top of the Classmates Profiles page. I think that is a great idea... for the Teachers, as well.

Might this be possible, as it is for In Memory?

I'd be smiling bigger... Laughing

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 10:48 PM - Response #1

I think this was discussed before. If I remember right, the profile belongs to the classmate, so there shouldn't be anything that the classmate cannot delete. If the admin put "Class Clown", how would the classmate delete the unwanted text?

How would you envision this being used?

You can already have a custom Profile Generator question and pre-fill it with information of your choosing. The classmate could then delete this information if they didn't want it.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM - Response #2

I am not talking individual classmates. I wrote, "...of the Classmates Profiles page."

EXAMPLE:
Go to EDIT PAGES > IN MEMORY
There you have an edit window for text... to insert a picture, instructions... whatever.

Now...

Go to EDIT PAGES > CLASSMATES PROFILES
There is not a edit window for any info the admin wishes to note. I have found this would be very helpful on my alumni site for classmates and teachers.

Make sense now?

Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM - Response #3

OK, If I remember right, there will be an editable section of text (not as large as the In Memory section) on the Classmate Profiles page.

When the Classmate Profiles page is redesigned with user-added icons, there will be an "Edit Default Instructions" button where you can have instructions that will appear to the right side of the Legend/Key box. It will appear on the right-side of the Legend box to help explain what to do on the page. Since it will be editable, the admin can put anything they want there, but it might expand the table cell the text is in down to make the page look junky.

Of course, this is still in the design phase and hasn't been implemented, so it might change when it is actually programmed.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM - Response #4

Thanks, Kyle. Look forward to it!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.