ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

FAQ Page - Blowing out on right side

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/08/09 05:19 PM Views: 1207 Replies: 4
Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 5:19 PM

You would think I could figure this out by now. I updated the FAQ page and now the right side of the page blows out.
I have spent hours looking through the code but can't find the problem. The obvious things like the width on the playlist are fine. Got any ideas?

Also the bullet points have changed from solid to little circles. Not sure what happened there but maybe this is related?

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 5:30 PM - Response #1

Don't you hate stuff like this? It's always the little things. You're in there looking for something complex, and overlooking the simple things. Your many ======================== signs in a row without a space give the system nowhere to wrap. I deleted a handful of them, snapping your margin back in place.

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM - Response #2

I hate when that happens! LOL
Lesson learned: I have to think S-I-M-P-L-E!

Thanks, Brad

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 6:01 PM - Response #3

Oh Brad! What about the bullets that changed to circles?

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM - Response #4

There's quite a bit of code on this page, and as a result it's taking awhile for the browser to parse the html. I ran the whole page through a filter to streamline the code a little bit, but there's still a lot of code on the page. You may have top do a a little reformatting in there now. At least the browser should parse it a little faster now.

In answer to your bullet question, bullets are only solid and round at the first indent level. Yours are at the second level. It's kind of like pressing tab twice instead of once. Each indent level in html causes the bullet style to change. Thus since your bullets were at level 2, the circles were hollow and not round. When I ran the page filter I bumped them back to level 1, which made them round again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.