ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Suggestion for cost of an event in the event planner

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/22/17 08:22 AM Views: 4222 Replies: 8
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 8:22 AM

Activity Price...could there be an option next to the "free" button to let the attendee know that they must pay their own expenses for that event i.e. Dinner at restaurant, golf game, boat cruise, etc?

Can you tell that I am working on our next reunion? LOL

Edited 02/22/17 8:22 AM
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 11:03 AM - Response #1

I will make your suggestion. However, you could also select the Pay At The Door option and just add $1 for the cost. I would be sure to clearly tell the members that they will be covering their own tab at the event in your event details. That way you are not using the Free designation for the activity.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 11:42 AM - Response #2

Most people understand that "No-Host" means paying for your own extras.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the suggestion but I have never heard of "no host". LOL

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 2:47 PM - Response #4

I've chaired or co-chaired several of our reunions and I've never heard the "no host" term anywhere on any occasion for any event.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 3:43 PM - Response #5

Maybe No Host is a California thing. You don't have No Host bars at parties where you have to pay for your own drinks? Maybe you have another word for it.

We usually provide 2 free drink tickets and then they have to buy their own after that. But at our free night in the lounge at a local restaurant (or the group rate hotel) the day before our big event, we make it No Host and they buy whatever they want, including full dinners. What about the "BYOB" term for picnics & backyard BBQs? Not that it applies here.

We tried an open bar, no limit, serving just wine and beer -- will never do that again!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 3:55 PM - Response #6

We just refer to it as a "cash bar". In venues that don't want to deal with a cash bar, we inform people that drink tickets will be sold...usually at set prices for beer, wine or a mixed drink.

Agree about not having an open bar! And the next time I'm in California, I'll know the local lingo and know to bring $$$! Wink

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 7:28 PM - Response #7

A simple Internet search for the term 'no host' revealed several answers.
Basically, nothing free, pay your own way.

(The only thing you get for free these days, is a hard time.
You can quote me on that. LOL)
Smile

Edited 02/22/17 7:28 PM
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 9:29 PM - Response #8

We have Meet N Greets every year we don't have a major reunion going. We call it a FREE event. We also include in the description of the event, Food and Drink on your Dime! We never have a problem with the event...actually...everyone likes that they can buy or not buy what they want. We have it at a sports bar on a Friday nite. It's very well attended by all the locals.
I have never heard of a 'NO HOST' event. Learn something new everyday.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.