ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Creating a Link on the Home Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/22/17 06:05 PM Views: 672 Replies: 3
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 6:05 PM

When adding a link, I find that adding the url using the link icon pushes the content of the page WAY down in the same way that adding a picture that was too large did previously. How do I add the link successfully? It is on my home page, but I have not activated the announcement called Kahn Hall.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 at 8:44 PM - Response #1

Paul,
When you're editing the announcement, there's a "Link" icon in the editor - third from the right in the second row. It looks like a small chain link.

Copy the link you want to use, then in your announcement, type in a couple meaningful words like "Click Here" (or some descriptive phrase) where you want the link to appear. Highlight those words, click on the Link icon, and paste the actual link there. Those words will become the link.

Oh, and if you want your link to open in a new window/tab, while you're on the link icon's page, at the top there's a tab called "Target". You can use that to select the "New Window" target.

Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 12:09 PM - Response #2

Thanks, John. I had followed that procedure, but the page kept wandering. Then today a Thanksgiving Miracle happened and all is well!

Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 1:27 PM - Response #3

What John meant is to make a short description first, highlight that description and then use the link icon to add the actual link.

What I see is the full raw link showing. And that doesn't warp properly in some browsers.

IOW, the page is still messed up in Edge and IE. I think Chrome must have fixed their code since it also used to blow a page out.

Short story, Firefox, Chrome and Opera work (maybe Safari, but I can't test current version). Edge and IE do not.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.