ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

What caused 14 hours of being offline?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/03/23 10:00 PM Views: 201 Replies: 5
Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 10:00 PM

I'm grateful Class Creator and our sites are back online after about 14 hours of being offline. CC staff --- any feedback for us as to what occurred?

Edited 12/03/23 10:12 PM
Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 10:11 PM - Response #1

Hi Scott,

Yes. There were network upgrades occurring in the middle of the night that were scheduled to be completed no later than 6 a.m. Unfortunately there were some issues within the network that took longer than expected to get fully back online. The servers/all data and all backups were always intact, however, we had to wait for the network issues to be resolved.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 10:13 PM - Response #2

Many thanks, Jessica!

Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 10:27 PM - Response #3

Good time (and reason) to implement future notification emails to Admins when scheduled network upgrades are coming. I had 3 people ask what was happening, but it's embarrassing to say "I dunno". When it got to be evening, I even reached out to Gwen on the TAP Gmail account, as classcreator.com was a blank screen - no 404, no "Sorry - network upgrade", so I presumed emails to that domain were down, also.

That said, is there a non-CC email available for when the entire domain is offline?

(Oh - and the CC Facebook didn't have any info, either)

Just a suggestion.

Edited 12/03/23 11:22 PM
Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 11:16 PM - Response #4

info@classcreator.com

Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 11:35 PM - Response #5

Southwest Class of '72 Admin wrote:

When it got to be evening, I even reached out to Gwen on the TAP Gmail account,

Hi Mark, My apologies for missing your message. After our 4:30 PM ET TAP Chat, I have been trying to finish holiday decorations and had my phone charging in another room.

It is good to be back online!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.