ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Editing User Forums

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/08/09 04:21 PM Views: 1210 Replies: 4
Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 4:21 PM

How do you go about editing the entries on the users forums? Right now when I click on edit pages and then user forums, I get an endless attempt of opening a page. The same thing happens when in my user profile I click on user forum and my settings.

I want to correct the spelling in entries I had made, but I also want to be able to delete entries made by others if they are inappropriate for the forum.

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM - Response #1

Welcome Roger.

What browser and browser version # are you using? Is it possibly something several years old? I've never heard of the endless loop issue you're describing nor can I duplicate it in any major browser. Can you duplicate this is any other browser than the one you're using now?

In any case, as long as you're logged into your site as the Root Administrator, there is an "Edit Messag" link in the lower right corner of every single post. Only you, the Admin, see this link. Classmates see nothing there. If you click this link you can edit any messages Classmates have posted.

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM - Response #2

I am using Explorer 8 and I just used Chrome to check to see if it does the same. When using Chrome it asks me to login. I login and then it shows a page that says login successful and shows some member functions on the left, but then it returns to the login page again.

In explorer I am logged in as an administrator, but when I click on user forums it no longer shows member functions or admin functions on the left hand side.

When I click on my settings, this is the page my computer tries to open:
http://forums.garlandowls1970.com/profile.cfm?z4292433=FC1BB900-2219-24ED-AE91D817F739E7E2&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Egarlandowls1970%2Ecom%2Fprofile%2Ecfm

Please advise me on what I can do to correct this?
Thanks

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 8:53 PM - Response #3

All right, the fact that you're not staying logged in in 2 different browers means you've got a cookie issue. We use a login cookie to keep you logged in, but for some reason your computer is dumping it. Are you doing anything to intentionally block cookies? Do you have firewall software that is blocking your cookies? The answer has to be yes to one of these. You need to identify what's blocking cookies. If you want to keep blocking cookies that's fine, but you need to enter an exception for your own web site. Anything globally blocking cookies will allow you to enter an exception.

Edited 08/09/09 12:19 AM
Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 9:42 PM - Response #4

Thanks that did the trick.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.