ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How to handle married couples in your classmates listing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/15/12 07:56 PM Views: 1607 Replies: 6
Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Two questions:

1)We have a few married classmates from our same graduating class. Some spouses are signing up and then saying ...oh...I signed up and you know my spouse is with me. Right now, I am encouraging them to both sign up so they will both be removed from the missing. Is there a way to "link" them. I know I could make a notation in the admin section but would like to have the accounted for..if the non-registered spouse doesn't sign up figuring their better half did thiers.

2)How do you handle found classmates but they do not think they will be going, don't want to sign up on the site. I know I can make a notation on my admin notes (but this won't come out on any reports) and I don't really want to remove them all together in case they change their minds or want to come to future events. Is there a way to show them found but not wishing to sign up?

Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM - Response #1

PS: I am replying to my second question: I see that we have an override button in the profile/details of a classmate. Will the classmate still be able to find themselves if they decide to join at a later time?

Monday, September 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM - Response #2

Even if you use the override for Missing, they'll still show up on the Profiles page. So long as the profiles page is publicly accessible, or so long as the person wanting to sign up can get the site password in order to view the profiles page, then they will still be able to join.

There is no way in the system to link two classmates who are married, though each can add a link to their spouse's profile in their own profile.

Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:19 AM - Response #3

The classmate himself can't link the two together you have too. The Admins can link the two spouses together only if both have joined the site. I run into this situation all the time. It's simple...there is a thread on here on how to link spouses together..maybe Kyle knows where it is..he's the one who showed me how to do it.
Note: you link them in the Spouse box.

Eric B Bassey wrote:

Even if you use the override for Missing, they'll still show up on the Profiles page. So long as the profiles page is publicly accessible, or so long as the person wanting to sign up can get the site password in order to view the profiles page, then they will still be able to join.

There is no way in the system to link two classmates who are married, though each can add a link to their spouse's profile in their own profile.

Edited 09/17/12 11:20 AM
Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM - Response #4

Use this forum link to find out how.

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....4ED-AE9E79220A6D3E4D

or this one

http://forums.classcreator.com/messages....4F0-1D8E0E6DD1C539DF

Darlene,
You can find out which forum by using the SEARCH FOR section at the top of this page. I searched for KYLE ERICKSON, as the author, and "Link Married" and then used "All Words" as the search option.

Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM - Response #5

Hi Meg,

Both classmates can sign up with the same email address as long as they use a different password.

My husband and I are high school sweethearts and graduated from the same class. You can take a look at my profile and see how the link works.

All you have to do is after they have both signed up go to the first profile and copy the link address...then go to the spouses profile and click on "Edit Profile" At the top there is a blank that says: "Spouse/Partner" and paste the link you copied in that blank. Then do the same for the second profile.

If you have any questions let me know.
Here is the link to my profile: Anita Doglio Kern

Edited 09/17/12 12:06 PM
Monday, September 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM - Response #6

Thanx..Kyle...never knew how to do it....didn't really have the time either..to figure it out.ShockedShocked
Been busy!!!
WinkWink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.