ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

$ icon in legend for paid attendees

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/25/08 04:38 PM Views: 1282 Replies: 1
Monday, August 25, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Brad,
I just got off the phone with 2 of the classmates for our high school, who insisted that they paid for the reunion already. But all I can find is that when they set up a profile they clicked the box that asked whether they were

Attending Reunion: Yes No

But they never went the extra step and paid for the tickets.
Usually we will get an email from ClassCreator saying new registration. And an email from PayPal with the transaction receipt number. Which we did not.

My question to you is ... Can there be some type of icon in the legend box showing a $ when someone has paid. It would serve as notification that they paid and also for others to see who actually is coming and not just planning on coming to the reunion. I like the man icon showing that they are attending the reunion. I just think it would be nice to actually have a icon for those who paid.

Right now we are listing the names of those who have paid.

Thank you....... again......

Terry

Monday, August 25, 2008 at 8:38 PM - Response #1

I think this gets into too much gray area. If we had both an attending reunion icon and a dollars sign, it may work for your own class, but for many other classes online registration is not the primary form of payment. The presumption would be that people with only an attending reunion icon may be less likely to attend the reunion. But that may or may not be the case, and will definitely vary by class. With many classes offering multiple forms of registration, I think people need to be able to say "yes I'm coming" regardless of how they are paying. That's what the attending reunion icon is for. People are coming or they're not. There really is no option for "probably coming" and I think if we implemented it, it would cause a lot of confusion for many schools.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.