ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Memory Profile Photos

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/02/08 11:34 PM Views: 1149 Replies: 2
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 11:34 PM

A suggestion for the Memory pages.
I uploaded some photos to a profile of a deceased Guest - a beloved faculty member. Those photos don't seem to show up anywhere. Can we have them appear below the obit and above additional posts?

Also, I would love to be able to change the title of that page from Guest to Faculty. Others might want to change it to different things so I'd suggest making it a text field.

Fantastic site by the way!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM - Response #1

Hi Clifton,

As you've noticed, when you mark a Classmate deceased, their Profile no longer displays and instead their In Memory entry takes over. We'll be appending a link to the bottom of the in Memory entry back to the last live Profile if there was one. But other than that, any photos you want included in the In Memory entry should be uploaded to the entry itself, not the defunct deceased Classmate's Profile.

Regarding the Guest heading, I'd simply denote who your guests are next to their last name. That's what most people do. E.G.

Jim Jones (teacher)
John Doe (principal)
Susan Smith (librarian)

Monday, December 8, 2008 at 10:59 AM - Response #2

I understand about the profile perhaps not being relevant once someone is deceased. But the photo gallery (I'm not talking about any photos imbedded into the profile) would be nice to display in some cases. IMHO.

Regarding the title "Guest" - we are putting the persons 'function' after their name in ( ) but I'd still love to have the ability to change the title "Guest" to something else. I wouldn't make it a high priority but it seems like a fairly simple addition that could be useful. Again JMHO.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.