ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Classmates with same name

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/13/11 11:10 PM Views: 1296 Replies: 4
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 11:10 PM

What do you do when classmates have same name, but different middle names? We only use the first and last names. This is especially sensitive since one of them is deceased and the other is attending our reunion.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM - Response #1

Use middle names or initials. The middle initial would go in the first name field ie: "John D".

As you search for lost members, you'll realize how valuable middle names/initials are to finding them.

Commencement programs often include full names of graduates.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM - Response #2

Use the nickname they were known by in school in parenthesis after the first name

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 9:13 AM - Response #3

We had to use the middle names as two had a common name with the same middle initial. We had to contact a family member to get the middle name in order to keep them separate, to add to the confusion one only appeared on the commencement list and not in the yearbooks.

Friday, September 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM - Response #4

When I first joined classcreator, I noted that there really should be 5 fields for a persons name "as it was in school" and 5 fields for the persons name "as it is now".

The 5 fields are: First, Middle, Maiden, Married, Nick

I have conditions where every one of these fields are different for various individuals. I know that for MOST people especially the guys there is a bunch of redundacies. But when you are an active CLASSMATE HUNTER like me - you need more structure in your data than adding special stuff in parenthesis in a generic name field

Further, the adding of stuff in () in a name field really messes up the use of these fields when doing global emails and exporting to other databases and doing labels, nametags, etc.

Edited 09/16/11 12:34 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.