ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How do I add a link to the admin's email address?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/26/14 11:50 AM Views: 1586 Replies: 7
Friday, September 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM

For the Read this First section to answer classmates' questions about the site, I would like to add a link to my email address to contact me. How do I do this?

Friday, September 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM - Response #1

This page is in your Edit Site Pages area and would be edited the same way as other pages, rollover Read This First and click on the Edit Page button. However, I do NOT suggest ever adding an email address to a page that is not password protected. You would be putting your email into a search engine accessible page that would index your email address. Additionally, you also risk a spammer picking up your email address and your inbox being flooded with spam. What I do suggest however, would be to place an additional link on the page for the Contact Us page of your site. That form, when filled out, is submitted and you receive the notification. That notification can be sent to just you, or to you and any co-admins who you would like to have receive Contact Us submissions.

Friday, September 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM - Response #2

Excellent!!

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 9:05 PM - Response #3

How do I change the e-mail address that is used when the "Contact Us" link is used? Suddenly this mail is going to a Gmail address. I would like it to go to my AOL address only. Thanks

Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 5:03 PM - Response #4

Hi David,

It is under Admin Functions > Preferences -- choose the EMAIL ADDRESS AND SENDER NAME section and change the site email address there.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Thursday, October 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM - Response #5

Hi Jessica
Under "preference" my AOL address appears as I want it to appear. The problem is that "Contact Us" e-mails are also being sent to my Gmail address which I'd rather not have happen. I can't find my Gmail address anywhere in the system. Would this have something to do with the website's link to "Facebook?" David

Edited 10/16/14 7:11 PM
Monday, October 20, 2014 at 2:38 PM - Response #6

Your gmail account is listed as an alternate account on the Edit Contact Info page under your Member Functions.

Monday, October 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM - Response #7

I never thought to look there. Thanks
David

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.