ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Show Unregistered member details

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/08/09 09:22 AM Views: 1306 Replies: 7
Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 9:22 AM

I would like details I have entered about unregistered family (classmate) members to be available to other members. This is a family reunion site and I want family members who see unfamiliar names to know who the parents and children of those people are, and whre they live. That's all. Some of these people are not online and will never be able to register. Even though I have clicked on the second radio button "Show classmate details even if they haven't registered" you still can't see the details when you click on those members profiles. I tried to update the profiles myself but receice message that a profile has already been created with my email id, and I have to get out of it and sign on under a different email id to update those profiles. What am I doing wrong?

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 1:10 PM - Response #1

What is the web address of the family site you are referring to?

It sound slike you're on the right path. Clicing the second radio button on the Manage Classmates page is exactly what you need to do in order to display member details even if members have not joined your site.

Can you give me an example member's name where you've entered details on behalf of the member, yet those member's details aren't showing up? What concerns me is the part of your question where you indicated you are logging in and out, etc., and not able to use the same email ID. If you, the Administrator, are entering member details on behalf of members, there is no need whatsoever to use the same email address anywhere, or ever log out of the site. You would simply click Manage Classmates, click the Enter/Edit Classmates button, and then go into the desired member's Profile link to add your information. Make sure you're never trying to log in on behalf of non members, or never trying to actually join the site on behalf of non members. Everything you need to do can be done from your own Administrator account in the same login session.

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM - Response #2

If you want their address and phone number to show up, you need to check the checkbox that says "Allow classmates to see address and phone numbers".

NONE of the DETAILS page stuff will be shown to classmates unless you click the "Allow" checkbox, then only the address & Phone Number. But PROFILE information will be visible to non-registered classmates (family members) if you click the radio button on the Manage Classmates page.

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM - Response #3

website address is classcreater/com/Bremen-ME-Hilton-1901/index.

An example is the very first name on the Members list, Brian Blackler. And the next one, Greg Blackler.

Neither one has registered or put anything in his profile. But I edited the site (the way you say) and put in the state he lives in, and the names of his parents. But If I try to look at his profile not as admministrator, but just from the Members Profile list, none of this information shows up. I know I can add details from the Edit Members site. And have, but that's what doesn't show.

So I thought If I clicked on the "If you are Brian Blackler" button, maybe I could go in and update the profile, and that's when I got the Another member is registered under this email, log out and use another email address message.

The two Blackler's aren't the only ones whose details I want to show. Any of the names on the members list which don't have any profiles updates, photos, etc., showing besides their names.

Thank you.

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM - Response #4

Oh I see what it is. You're only answering your own custom questions you added with Profile Generator. Every single default field you've left blank. You need to add something to any default field for our system to have awareness that you've added something on behalf of a Classmate. Fill in any question, any box, the Comments box, etc., and the family member's details will show up.

We should really change this so if you've ONLY answered your own custom questions on behalf of a family member the info should show up -- even if you've left all of the defaults blank. I'll put in a note for the programmer about this.

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 5:33 PM - Response #5

I have a similar issue. Two classmates snail mailed me their comments and I started their profiles. I'd like the % of "active" classmates to reflect these 2 people as they are no longer "missing". Any way to do this without logging in for them?

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 6:27 PM - Response #6

Thanks so much Brad. I'll go do this, I didn't think about the fact that I had added custom questions, and not filled in any of the defaults, would never have thought about it. I've been pulling my hair out, again, many thanks, especially for answering it on a Saturday!

Saturday, August 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM - Response #7

This worked Brad, thanks again. Now all I have to do is go to his unregistered member and write something in their comments section!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.