ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Message Forums - What's the point?!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/19/14 05:12 PM Views: 868 Replies: 5
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Maybe I'm not using "Message Forums" properly, but I don't get the point. I've posted two messages in "MF" and I'm pretty sure nobody has seen them, so I'm better off posting them as announcements which basically they were, but thought I'd see if the post generated any questions or comments. But when I asked my fellow committee members if they knew I made a post in "MF" they didn't!? So what's the point if notifications don't go out when someone posts in "Message Forums"? Or is this an operator error issue and what do I need to do to make "MF" more efficient and user friends. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 10:07 PM - Response #1

I'd think they should receive notification if the classmate has opted to receive an email when "A new response is posted in the Message Forum."

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 10:11 PM - Response #2

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the topic, but after posting this comment, I see that there is Class of 2012 beneath our logo and Prairie Central Education Association. How do I delete that? Under Change the Design link, I have the School Year blank.

Edited 02/19/14 10:12 PM
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 10:12 PM - Response #3

It really hinges on who's set their Notify Me options. Many of our members haven't ever set them, so they don't get notified when MF entries (or announcements for that matter) are posted. Check Statistics, Notify Me statistics, and click on the numbers for Message Forum. Then page down to see who has set their options.

Some sites use the Message Forum as a community bulletin board, some use the Home page as a community bulletin board. Both choices generally work fine - if people have their Notify Me options set so they know when changes are made, but the Home page (and announcements) is more likely to be seen if they don't.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 7:35 AM - Response #4

I wasn't being notified of messages either. I just looked at my Notify Me settings and for whatever reason the Message Forum was marked Never. Can't imagine why I would have set it that way as everything else was on. So it's good you asked the question and glad John pointed out the solution.Thanks to both of you.

Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM - Response #5

I looked at your home page and thought it was very eye catching. Loved the cardinals as your mascot. The red and black is striking.

Joan Kanner

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.