ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

donations post reunion

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/13/11 10:15 PM Views: 1181 Replies: 3
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Our reunion was last month. (It was a huge success thanks to this website! THANK YOU!!)
In order to make the next reunion much easier to plan, and especially easier to contact & invite people, we'd like to ask for donations to keep the site up and running.
Do we need to set up a new "event"? (We don't have the next reunion date set... probably won't be for another 5-10 years) Can we have an "open date event" with no set date?
If we set up a new event, do we need to re-submit the bank info?
How do I put the "donations" button the the home page?
I tried searching, but everything I find sounds like people already know what they are doing. I'm afraid, I need all the info right from the beginning. Smile

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM - Response #1

You can use the donate button if you want to use PayPal as the payment tool. Edit pages/home page/donate.

Or you can start a new event such as "Fund the 2006 Reunion" and accept payments by credit card or allow members to mail in checks to your treasurer.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM - Response #2

Dear John,
My reunion is in 2013 and I set up donations thru paypal. I'd like to accept credit cards through the donation button and thru "registration for reunion' on the website. How do I do this?
Barbara Ecker

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM - Response #3

People don't have to have a PayPal account to send payments through debit or credit cards or event by using an 'e-check'.

As I noted above, you can use the Reunion Planner to start a new 'event' such as "Fund the 2013 Reunion", this can receive payments by credit/debit and I believe also via PayPal, but PayPal payments and mailed in checks must be entered manually into the system.

I'll send you more by Private Mail.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.