ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Hide Member Page Links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/06/16 04:47 PM Views: 1037 Replies: 6
Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Is it possible to hide the navigation page links to the member pages so that nobody can see those page links unless they are logged in?

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM - Response #1

If you are talking about your "Classmate Profiles" page not being active, it is not recommended because the JOIN HERE link on the home page says to find your name and click on your name to join the website. If you password protect your "Classmate Profiles" page, the system then tries to go to the "Missing Classmates" page. If you are guaranteed to have all of your missing classmates (ones who have not joined your website), then this would work. It is possible to define "Missing Classmates" with different criteria, for example, those without mailing addresses. If a "Missing Classmate Criteria" was "no mailing address", and classmate had a mailing address in the system, had not joined your website, and you had the "Classmate Profiles" page password protected, the classmate clicks "JOIN HERE" the classmate's name would not be visible to click on to join the website because he isn't defined by the "missing classmate criteria"

If this isn't what you mean, please give more details about what you mean by "Member Pages". If you are talking "Member Functions", that is already how the system works, those links are not visible unless the user is logged in.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 8:20 PM - Response #2

No, I'm not talking about the Classmate Profiles page. For instance the page titled "In Memory" is restricted to only classmates who are logged in but the link on the page is visible to anybody who visits the site. I just wondered if there is a way to hide, say the In Memory page, so that nobody even sees the page link unless they are logged in.

This is kind of a minor point but the HOA that I belong to is that way. The restricted Page links don't even show until I am logged in.
Thanks,
Jim

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 9:36 PM - Response #3

No, it isn't possible

Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 7:25 PM - Response #4

You could accomplish this by making inactive the pages you don't want non-logged in visitors to see. Then create an announcement visible only to those who have logged on with links to the inactive pages.

Edited 01/07/16 8:44 PM
Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 8:20 PM - Response #5

Nice concept FC. Could also put links on pages that require one to be logged in to see these 'hidden' link pages.

That's similar to what I did that a long time ago, not for that reason but to keep the number of links shorter. Our Bothell History is an example of these type of internal links (pages open to anyone in this case - There's a zoom bug I need to fix someday caused by code evolution - oh well).

Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 8:49 PM - Response #6

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

Nice concept FC. Could also put links on pages that require one to be logged in to see these 'hidden' link pages.

Yup, more than one way to skin a cat.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.