ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Attribute Forum Post to Classmate

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/28/11 09:49 PM Views: 1157 Replies: 1
Monday, March 28, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I have been in a number of situations where I would like to transfer some information from a classmate to a forum, topic, or reply.

Some examples:
1. A classmate starts a topic in the wrong forum, or posts a reply in the wrong topic (they do the best they can, but a lot are not forum savvy).
2. I transfer a message or comment to start a new topic or reply to an exisisting topic, and want to attribute the info to the originating classmate.
3. I am starting a new forum based on lots of comments of classmates in different parts of the website (latest one - 'Wheels' about autos and bikes then and now) and would like to have replies attributed to the originating classmate, rather than me.

This forum capability parallels the photo option where photos can be uploaded by me and attributed to a classmate.

I thought maybe I am just missing on the option of how to do this, but think it is likely that this is not an option. I can see this might be a 'security' issue if an administrator can enter a forum post and attribute that post to a classmate, although posting photos for a classmate seems to have the same risk.

I can continue to post under my name, but just want to check to be sure I am not missing an existing option here.

Thanks

Edited 03/28/11 9:52 PM
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 10:35 AM - Response #1

You are correct that it is not a current functionality. I will log this idea for future consideration for that section.

Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.