ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

effect of photo editing on sizing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/08/13 12:26 PM Views: 862 Replies: 5
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I have added about 50 photos, by using my iphone to take the photo and move them into the site. They were all landscape and about 2 MB each. I know that i only need about 100K to display OK, but left as is. I have rotated the photos 90 degrees and then tried resizing them with the two resizing options (not intuitive, but workable with effort). I started off with 28% of my capacity; after not adding additional photos, but basically only rotating them 90 degrees I have used more of my allotment - and i found this true, even if i only rotated them 90 degrees. Best way to get back some storage??

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 1:53 PM - Response #1

Dick Rubinstein wrote:

Best way to get back some storage??

The CC photo editor tends to make image file size larger - up to 5X (assuming image dimensions stay the same). I recommend to do image editing on your local system using one of the free photo editors or one you may already have.

Edited 10/08/13 1:53 PM
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM - Response #2

So you're saying to resize them downward before putting them into the editor, yes?

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM - Response #3

yes. Make them 1000 max wide (or less if that suits you). You can look at the current dimensions (using browser view image right click on FF) to verify the max height which I think is 768.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM - Response #4

And there's no way to zoom in or out, once they are set, is there...that's the frustrating thing...need to set it all up first and can't make that viewing window any larger or zoom in on the content - pls tell me I am wrong about that

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 3:12 PM - Response #5

CC gallery does not zoom. It is possible to do that with scripting. Here's a TopicLink that covers this. I made a demo page that shows it is possible to zoom using javascript.

On our home page and some other public pages there are examples of how I used this.

Edited 10/08/13 3:14 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.