ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Editing Text in the Photo Gallery

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 02/22/10 08:48 PM Views: 1464 Replies: 6
Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Hello! We just love the Photo Gallery and are actually having some fun with it. We have run into a few problems with the text feature.

First of all, a few times when the text is saved on the photo, the curser is visible and saved with the text. I am assuming that this is a case of user error, but thought I would share.

Second, occassionally text is entered on a photo and saved, I spot an error or a misspelled word. I seem to have not found a way to correct that. I have ended up deleting the picture and reloading to begin again. Did I miss the obvious?

Thanks,
Margaret

Monday, February 22, 2010 at 8:57 PM - Response #1

1) Problem Uno: I don't see how it's possible that the cursor could have been saved with the photo, but if I had a buck for every time I've said that before, I'd probably just retire and Kyle would have to run the forums by himself. Wink Can you right click on the photo that has the cursor saved in it, click properties, copy the link to the photo, and post it here in this forum so I can see it? Are you sure it's a cursor, and not just a 1 or an l or | symbol or something like that?

2) Problem Dos: Once you commit a text change, you've really committed it. Which means you can't change that text afterwords. If you need to regularly change text overlayed on top of an image, I recommend you do something like that locally in any photo editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop or Goole Picasa (Picasa is free). In your case if you're using only the online editor, the best thing to do is just upload the photo again and overlay new text.

Edited 02/23/10 1:25 PM
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 10:35 PM - Response #2

Hm, that was interesting. I was doing it in the active slide show and there was no link. I went to the still pic and hope this works. Like many here, I am a work in progress. What I see is not, I guess, the curser. It is the little line that appears where the text is to be written. Then I move the text, hit save, and the little line is still there.

http://s3images.classcreator.com/9739/004/2451/tn_41666.jpg

That was uno. As for dos, I need to slow down and check carefully? Laughing

Gracias,
Margarita

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 11:04 PM - Response #3

We may be able to preserve the text layer for future editing. I'm in contact with the programmer on this and have put it on the table.

Can you duplicate the cursor issue on a larger photo for me please? First I'd like to make sure you can in fact repeat this again, and second, if you can it will give me a little larger image to provide to the programmer so the problem is readily visible. Thanks. Smile

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 11:37 PM - Response #4

Now these little lines are on many of the pictures. Here is another of mine...
http://s3images.classcreator.com/9739/004/2451/tn_41606.jpg

This was done by a different admin...
http://s3images.classcreator.com/9739/004/2456/tn_41707.jpg

I went in and added text to a picture a few minutes ago. I learned that if I went out and clicked in the white area, the curser would go away. If I clicked inside the picture, it just stayed there. If I went straight to Save from the text, I kept my little line.

Why didn't I send you the newly done one? Well, the text is on the thumbnail, but not on the slide show! I refreshed. I am in EST and it is late. Tomorrow I will boot up and see if anything has changed (a miraculous appearance of text) and get back to you if there is a genuine problem.

Margaret

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM - Response #5

FYI...the text appeared on both thumb and pic the next morning.

Have I sent you enough to work with?

Margaret

Thursday, February 25, 2010 at 12:24 PM - Response #6

I was able to repeat this. Technically you should click off of the text tool somwehere, or resize or reposition the text, etc. We have in the bubble instructions to click off the text after creating it, but we can't really depend on everyone to read that and do that. Many people could simply type in their text like you did and click Save. I've put in a note to the programmer to see if we can change this so immediately clicking the Save button does NOT save an instance of the cursor.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.