ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Identifying Live Poll Respondents

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/28/17 10:11 AM Views: 888 Replies: 7
Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:11 AM

Can I identify classmates who respond to a Live Poll survey including their individual response?

Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 3:44 PM - Response #1

Vincent Gorman wrote:

Can I identify classmates who respond to a Live Poll survey including their individual response?

Vinnie, I'm trying to remember, I've heard the term Poll before, and I've looked for it recently. I think I remember we once had a Poll Creator?, but it's since disappeared from my site, or perhaps I'm remembering wrong.

When you say Live Poll, are you talking about a Survey, made with the Survey Generator, or a Survey made at the end of an Announcement, or is that an old feature that's since been removed from current sites?

Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:06 PM - Response #2

Gary,
The Poll is still there - Edit the Home page and you'll see it's one of the options at the top.

Vinnie,
It looks like the system keeps track of who voted and the running count but I don't know of any way to display who the voters were - or how they voted. I think you'll need a survey to do that.

Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:55 PM - Response #3

Thanks John. Sorry about the loss of the yellow notification thing.

Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 12:01 AM - Response #4

Polls are only on the home page and for entertainment purposes only (no information is gathered and no reporting is available)

To gather information, please use the Survey Maker.

There was never a "Poll Creator", only on the Home Page edit screen.

Monday, January 30, 2017 at 3:17 PM - Response #5

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Polls are only on the home page . . .

There was never a "Poll Creator", only on the Home Page edit screen.

"Poll Creator" was the only name I could think of, but John was kind enough to point me to the Home Page. I knew I'd seen it before, but just couldn't find it.

Thanks to you both!

Monday, January 30, 2017 at 3:36 PM - Response #6

Thanks all for your comments. We are in the early planning stages for our 55th and had hoped we could id the YES and MAYBE respondents as part of our outreach efforts. I have sent an email to all active members and posted an announcement with reunion info including a registration link. I set up the event using Event Planner...so far so good.

Vinnie

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 1:18 AM - Response #7

Hi Vinnie,

Sorry, you were not able to have the info you expected from the poll. It is in a great place but as stated, it is for entertainment... just for fun.

A survey can be placed on the home page with or without text. The option to add a survey is at the end of each announcement text box. I have one on TAP for members asking if they would like to continue chats... just that one question. It works!

Congrats on your upcoming 55th Reunion... go Class of '62!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.