ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

allowing only a few to see and test a survey

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/21/10 11:46 PM Views: 1378 Replies: 6
Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM

We have a committee working up a survey to send out. I've entered the survey, so now how do I let the other committee members at least see and try it? I thought about creating a alum like Jane Doe but then how would I activate the survey only for this alum? Thank you

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:33 AM - Response #1

There is no way to only allow certain classmates to see the survey. Just tell them that the survey will be active from 10:00 to 10:30 p.m. and then activate it at 10:00 and deactivate it at 10:30 p.m..

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:46 AM - Response #2

As a future feature request, you might consider adding the ability to active a survey only for Admins. I can then make them Admins (which I need to do anyway). That way, I don't have to worry about having an incomplete survey open to the world. Thanks!

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 2:27 AM - Response #3

You have that capability already!
Go to your Survey Maker link,
Find the survey you are wanting to 'enable,'
Then check the circle in front of Admins Only,
Then check the square to the left of that.

p.s. - Would you send me a copy of your survey please?

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 8:37 AM - Response #4

Thanks for your response. At least according to the table where the surveys are listed, the Admin checkbox you note has to do with making the stats visible to all classmates or just to the administrator. That's different from what I want to do (or at least it appears that way). For example, right now, the survey is active, admin is checked and any classmate can see it.

As for seeing the survey, I need to make a few corrections and changes but then I'll get it to you. I can create a PDF of the document on my Mac, but do you know if there's another way to send the survey that I'm apparently missing?

Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 12:55 PM - Response #5

Hmmmm - how did you determine that the survey is visible to all classmates, when 'Adnmin' is checked?

I ahared my survey with members of my committee who are NOT admin's by simply:

going to Survey Maker, and clicking on the edit icon to view the survey
opening a Word Document,
then click, drag, copy the text that I have as an intro and pasted it into the document, then
click, drag, and copied the survey itself [questions, answers, etc] and pasted that into the document.

If you will email me at:
steve1stein@gmail.com
I will send you my survey.

[I had to re-create the document since I deleted the other}

Edited 07/22/10 12:58 PM
Thursday, July 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM - Response #6

The Survey Maker module itself currently creates surveys open to completion by all members, as you noted. My suggestion here is use your private Admin Forums for a survey such as this. While it won't have the form creation abilities of the Survey Maker, you could list your questions as a New Topic and let your Admins all answer privately. I will note your request for Survey Maker enhancements in the future.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.