ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

ADMIN CONFUSION

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/28/13 01:19 PM Views: 820 Replies: 7
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Several questions:
I have a student who was given Admin rights. She made her account long ago and the email address associated no longer exists. As an Admin, I went to her info so I could manually change her email address so she could do a "forgot my password" to access her Admin account. As Admin, I do not see her email address field, but do on all other accounts..

Second item is I see and account WebsiteRoot - Amin
Not sure what this is and if "Amin" is to be "Admin". Is this an account that is created by the host, or someone in our Admin group?

As you can tell... I'M CONFUSED....

Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 7:33 PM - Response #1

I'm not 100% sure of the following since I'm not a root. I think only the "WebsiteRoot" admin can change an admin email address. This field is not accessible by the other admins since doing so exposes a site to non-root admins being able to do things they shouldn't be doingCool For example, by changing the root email address one could temporarily lock them out of access and actually log in as a root admin.

I ran into the exact same issue when one admin changed his email address and asked another admin to change it just like you are. The solution I used is listed at the end.

This restriction makes perfect security sense to me. I suppose it could be an option in the case where a root takes a vacation, admin has no clue what his old email address was and we need to do this. We can always post here or call CC to fix too though. Just mumbling here.

However, this is not really a problem. All the other admin has to do is log in using the old email address (the one that no longer exists) and just change it herself to the new oneIdea (The email address doesn't have to be a real address. I use fakes for some testing I do at times.)

Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 6:31 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your response Jack, but that doesn't help.
It has been so long since the other logged in that she doesn't know her account password.

The email address in her account info will be the email addresses receiving the reset password link and the old account is not active, so the user won't get the RESET password...

I discovered I don't have the ROOT Admin rights, or I would be able to change the user's email address. There's some confusion as to whom is the ROOT admin, so I am on a waiting game to find out who/how to resolve this issue.

Thanks again for your input.

Phil

Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 9:01 PM - Response #3

Go to Manage Classmates, Edit/Enter Classmates and scroll down the list until you find Root in the fields that are labeled Details, Profile and Photos for all other classmates. That is the Root Admin for the site.

Edited 09/29/13 9:01 PM
Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 10:00 PM - Response #4

Thank you F C Bock !! I did find that previously but the email address wasn't displayed and my Admin rights don't allow changes. We have determined that we need to contact support and have them make the Admin rights changes necessary.

Thanks again for you response.

-Phil

Edited 09/29/13 10:00 PM
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM - Response #5

Phil,

In order to update another admin's information, you must be designated as the Root Admin. I see that you have an account on your site called "Website Root Admin". If you are also this account, you need to log in as the Website Root Admin to complete this particular task. If not, you need to contact the person that is the Root to complete this task. Your other option is to have the account owner contact us and I can verify their identity and assist directly.

Scott

Monday, September 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM - Response #6

Scott,
THANK YOU !!! That is exactly the information I was looking for.... I have notified the account owner to initiate resolving this issue through the CONTACT US link on classcreator.com....

Thank you again Scott !

Phil

Monday, September 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM - Response #7

You're welcome!

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.