ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Survey using Notify Me

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/01/14 02:45 PM Views: 593 Replies: 8
Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Is there a way to include a survey (or a survey link) when emailing a group from the Notify Me statistics page?

I don't want the survey to be available by anyone other than the group being emailed.

For example: I choose to email the group who has not selected a setting for "Pages on the site have been added or updated." and want them to complete this one-question survey: Do you want to be notified when pages on the site have been added or updated? Yes No

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 12:25 PM - Response #1

If you use the Survey Maker to create a survey, you can turn it on momentarily and copy the link to the page. Then go back to the survey maker to turn the survey off. However, you can send the link that you copied out and as long as people are logged in when they hit that link, it will take them to that page to complete the survey. You might want to specifically tell people to log in first and then click the link in the email. Better yet, you might choose to send the link to their message center. They would have to be logged in to get the message and then can click the link without confusion.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 6:49 PM - Response #2

Since I would be emailing only the group who has not selected a specific Notify Me setting from the Notify Me statistics page, how would I send the survey link to just their message centers? Isn't that done individually from their profile pages?

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM - Response #3

Rhonda, When I go to Notify Me, click on some statistic, like those who have "No Answer" to one of the options, then page down and select Email The Folowing Members, that takes me to the Message Center, opens an email with those members already selected and I can fill in whatever text I want - and then copy the link to the survey page and paste it into the email msg. Would that accomplish what you're trying to do?

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM - Response #4

Hi John - What you've described is exactly what I'm doing. I just don't know what Scott means when he says send the link to "their Message Center." Are you saying that the Email the Class page is AKA their Message Center?

Thanks for responding!

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 8:47 PM - Response #5

Hmmm.... I wouldn't say that, since to me that's two very different things. One puts a message in their message center (maybe triggering a notify) and the other sends them an email.

I'm sure that Scott knows ways to do things I've never thought of, but... I don't know any way to take the member list from the Notify statistics directly into the Message Center - other than writing them down and going to the Message Center to manually select those members before composing and sending the message.

There is however, a plus in using the Message Center for those few who've turned off their Notify emails - including Mail from the Administrator - and won't get Email The Class Emails, but still log in frequently to check for messages.

I'm also not sure about linking to an inactive survey. The last time we did one, when it was done I put up an announcement with a link to the (then inactive) survey - which worked, but only allowed viewing the results since it was inactive. I don't know how to create an active survey that does not show up on the menu for everyone to see. But maybe Scott does.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at 9:06 PM - Response #6

Scott made it sound as if an inactive survey can still collect data "complete the survey".

Easy to test. Just try itConfused

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 11:17 AM - Response #7

Correction... Scott was right. You can link to an inactive survey and it functions normally. Just doesn't show up in the menu. Not sure what I saw earlier, but it's working now.
Rhonda, that should take care of what you were trying to do - give or take entering the members manually in the Message Center mail.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 at 1:48 PM - Response #8

Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.