ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Legend on "Classmate Profiles" Page

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/24/08 08:41 PM Views: 1315 Replies: 4
Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 8:41 PM

Yep, I'm guessing it might be filling up however, I have another suggestion:
For sign-in locked profiles, a little locked padlock = "Must be logged in to view" (or something similar).

Thanks for your consideration.

R

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 8:49 PM - Response #1

Do you think adding that icon might help "highjackers" to target those classmates who do not have the "padlock" on? Just wondering...

Sunday, August 24, 2008 at 10:00 PM - Response #2

Hmmm! Good thought! You may be right on!

I grew up with a generation that didn't think in terms of hijacking / spamming / hacking, etc. Had not thought about that aspect! Perhaps it is something Brad and the "guys" could consider adding to the "configuration" options!

However, on another thought, when it comes to hijacking, if there is a Missing Classmates page, they could use that to get in. And, if someone REALLY wants to get in, they'll figure out how to do it!

Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks for raising my awareness of the possibility.

R

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 2:33 AM - Response #3

New Preferences area will kill hijacking for those Admins who want to enable another level of security. There's a whole thread on that topic of course.

I think the padlock icon would really only have benefit to non Classmates. Any Admin can already make somebody a non visible guest member to get non Classmates in too, if desired. For the most part it's going to be Classamtes who are reading other Clasmates' Profiles. While the lock icon is an interesting idea, my gut feeling on this is there's too much of a good thing regarding these icons. There's something to be said for keeping it simple and keeping it Classmate focused.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 at 9:43 AM - Response #4

Excellent points! Thanks Brad!

R

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.