ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

User Forum Photos

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/30/09 08:45 AM Views: 1208 Replies: 1
Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM

Hi all,

I have a small problem that I've failed to get my brain around and wondered if there was a solution.

Some of my Classmates have posted items on the User Forums that I need to move to a New Topic. What I did was created the New Topic then copied and pasted their original entries from the old topic to the new. This means that the entries now all look like they came from me and my photo shows against them. Is there a simple way to change the photos so that the photo of the original 'poster' shows against the post?

Cheers,
Mark

Thursday, April 30, 2009 at 11:10 AM - Response #1

Can't do it that way. As you've noted, if you copy and paste something written by a Classmate and you enter it into a new topic while logged in as you, it's going to come out from you. There is no way to change the user or user photo for a topic, it's always going to come from the user and photo of the person who entered it.

You can move topics posted in the wrong formum to a different forum though. Under every thread you see this: "Move this topic to a different forum." With this feature you can move the post to a completely different forum while preserving the author name and author photo.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.