ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Moving classmate from missing once I have verified thier address

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/13/08 10:33 AM Views: 1431 Replies: 8
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 10:33 AM

I have a few classmates that do not have email address'. I have actually verified their mailing address', but they are still showing as missing. How can I change this?

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 11:16 AM - Response #1

By default "Missing Classmate" means somebody who has not yet joined your web site. You can change the criteria for what a Missing Classmate is though by following these steps:

1) Click on Edit Site Pages
2) Click the Edit button next to your Missing Clasmates page
3) Change the criteria as desired

Edited 10/13/08 12:10 PM
Monday, October 13, 2008 at 12:56 PM - Response #2

I did that, but there needs to be a setting that once I verify info they can move out of the missing. I have address for a lot of them, but not sure they are right, so I don't want to remove all the classmates that have address from the missing, because some are not correct.
I was just wanting to know if there was some way I can manually take them out, since I know the mailing address is correct. They don't have an email address to sign up on the site.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 1:39 PM - Response #3

Why not change your Missing Classmate criteria to equal those Classmates without street addresses then?

No there is no way to manually determine who is on the Missing Classmate list. The rationale behind this is this process is supposed to be automated, i.e. relieving you from manually having to work on your Missing Classmates page all the time. They system keeps the list for you based on your criteria.

Another suggestion: You can always leave your Missing Classmate criteria set to those without email addresses. But your concern is you may have an email address that's inaccurate. So I'd suggest simply emailing the Classmates you're unsure of and see if they respond. If they do you're golden. If they don't, then remove the bad email address and the Classmate will appear on the Missing Classmates page again.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 at 9:34 AM - Response #4

Thank you for your suggestions. You have been very helpful, and I love this site. It is very easy to work, which is great for me. We use to have a different site, and it was very hard to navigate.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 12:02 PM - Response #5

Glenda, here is what we did:
We set our missing criteria to equal those with no email address. If we had a verified snail mail address, but they didn't have internet access or a verified email address, we simply put " noemail " in the email column.

The system doesn't read what kind of data you have in that column, it is either blank or has a value in it. So, if it has something (noemail) in that column, it takes that classmate off of the Missing list automatically for you. When you download your class list, you will clearly see noemail in that column, so you will know that you need to communicate with them in some other manner.

note: when you do a class blast email, the text may change from "noemail" to "bad email" on your list, but the trick still works! Hope this helps.

Edited 10/15/08 12:04 PM
Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 1:16 PM - Response #6

Thank you very much Darcie, that is a good idea!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 1:17 PM - Response #7

Thank you Darcie, that is a very good idea!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 12:13 PM - Response #8

I agree Darcie, great idea... now I need to start working on it for my site. I love how smart the people making and using classcreator are. Many great ideas and interesting tweaks and workarounds.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.