ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Announcements link

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/11/09 01:25 PM Views: 1325 Replies: 5
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Has anyone made one of their customizable links "Announcements"? I would like to use one to post members announcements & keep site anouncements on the home page. Since the way I understand it... a member posts announcement, then it goes to Admin. to approve. I could then move their announcement to my custom page by copying & pasting or retyping. Am I right?

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM - Response #1

Hi George,

Yes you can take the annoucements submitted through the annoucements module and cut and paste them over to another page. If the post had an expiration date that functionality would not be there so you'd have to keep track of when to remove the posts. That is the only draw back I can think of.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 1:37 PM - Response #2

I am posting the member announcements on another page so that my home page stays "clean". We are calling the link, "Trojan Tribune", which was the name of our school newspaper.

Edited 03/11/09 1:38 PM
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 1:44 PM - Response #3

Thanks Jessica & Cindy. I'll get to work on setting that up.

Friday, March 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM - Response #4

Hi,

I used a survey page a couple of days ago to make an announcement page for my classmates as I'm out of my other customizable links. I call it Thunderation, which was our school newspaper. We have a poet, a couple of professors, people with time-share properties, and lots of grandparents, so we started out with a time-share announcement and a poem from the get-go, which was nice. I found an old copy of the school paper in my scrapbook, so I scanned it for the banner. I also typed out the words to our fight song after the announcements and added a playlist.com player with our fight song, so it ended up turning out nicely.
Retha

Friday, March 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM - Response #5

I used one of my customizable links for an announcement page, but it's good to know that I can use a survey page if I need to. I've not had anyone send any announcements yet, but we'll see how it goes. If, after a while, no one is using it, I'll use the page for something else.
Thanks for your ideas.

George

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.