ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Members Adding Photos to a page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/01/10 10:00 PM Views: 1660 Replies: 9
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM

We have just completed our 50 year high school reunion, very successfully, due in very large part to Class Creators, thank you very much!

I have added a page titled "Reunion Photos". How can class members add photos to this page. When they click on "Edit/Add Photos" it brings them to their profile which is not where we want the reunion photos added.

Thanks for your help!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM - Response #1

You have set up a CUSTOM PAGE. What you want is to use the Gallery Creator and create a new Left-side link, and then create a gallery where classmates can add photos. you can't do that with a custom page.

I have created a left-side menu called "Reunion Photo Page". I created a gallery called "50 year reunion" and then activated them. Your classmates can now upload photos.

If you wanted, you can copy the text you have used for your custom page and paste it in the Content Editor of the photo gallery. This way, it will look just like your custom page.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 11:25 PM - Response #2

Kyle,

Many thanks for your response, your quick response, I might add. Some of this technology is a bit daunting to us old(er) folks. Smile But, it sure is nice!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 7:37 AM - Response #3

Thant sound great. How do I creat a Gallery page
We are having our 45 class reunion in just a few months and I know we will need something like that. How do I creat a left button. I've never done it. Yes, we are computer challenged at this age, but my site is looking great thanks to all of you. www.metuchen65.com
Thank you

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 8:18 AM - Response #4

Constance,

The Gallery Creator feature is found in the Admin Functions section. Just click on the GALLERY CREATOR menu item and then click the button at the bottom of the page. This will create the left-side menu. Then create the gallery to be associated with that menu.

Be sure to read the directions on the Gallery Creator page. It will explain it better than I can here.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM - Response #5

Can I have separate galleries for Friday and Saturday within the Reunion Photo Page link?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 9:05 AM - Response #6

Yes, you can. Just add two new galleries (Gallery Creator, CREATE NEW PHOTO GALLERY button), then in the "Within Link:" drop-down, choose "Reunion Photo Page" and then SAVE CHANGES

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM - Response #7

Done! Thanks! Very Happy

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 12:01 PM - Response #8

I have several galleries from our reunion of photos from sources other than classmates, so I had to create separate galleries for each. Is there a way to move those 3 additional galleries underneath the "main" reunion one?

Monday, August 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM - Response #9

Yes. There are 2 possibilities. You can move galleries to other pages by going to the edit page next to the gallery and reassigning the page under which the gallery displays. Or, you can create new galleries and then go to the Photos page within a gallery and move photos to another gallery... Look at the button options at the top of the photos page to compete this step.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.