ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Update Reminders

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/28/13 02:19 PM Views: 1438 Replies: 8
Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My root administrator recently activated the Profile Update Reminder which sends out an e-mail to classmates who have not updated their profile in the past six months. Since it has been eight months since I updated my profile and I did not received the update profile e-mail, I suspect that the system is not retroactive and will only send out e-mails to those who six months date occurs after this feature was activated. Do I have that right?

Jim

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 2:37 PM - Response #1

Is it possible that the notice was delivered to your spam folder and you did not see it? I would think the notice would have been sent with any last modified dates greater than 6mos.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM - Response #2

Scott,

I checked my primary, secondary and Platinum e-mails and the message was not in any inbox or junk (spam) folder.

Jim

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM - Response #3

it's sent once, and only once, six months after they last updated it. assuming the root admin has that email triggered to be sent.

even admins receive the message. but it's not retroactive.... if it's never been on, and root admin just turns it on, it's not going to email all the people it's missed in the past

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM - Response #4

Good question, Jim! Thanks for the info, gentlemen.

There is always something to learn in the Help Forums! Gotta love it! Very Happy

Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM - Response #5

Kyle,

That was what we were afraid off. Thanks for the clarification.

Jim

Friday, March 29, 2013 at 3:45 PM - Response #6

Well Gwen, see that. A good friend once told me that "the earlier in the day you learn something, the more time you have to mess around for the rest of the day".Exclamation
Barbara

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 9:22 AM - Response #7

Kyle Erickson wrote:

it's sent once, and only once, six months after they last updated it. assuming the root admin has that email triggered to be sent.

even admins receive the message. but it's not retroactive.... if it's never been on, and root admin just turns it on, it's not going to email all the people it's missed in the past

RELATED TOPIC: Also touched on in another thread - perhaps more important than Profile Updates would be keeping Contact Info current. Mostly emails change more frequently than other things.I have added some info about keeping Contact Info current into the wording of the Update Profile automated email but could/should there be a separate email for keeping contact info current? I'm not sure what criteria would be used to trigger the message though. Maybe those not logging in in X days? Of course the email would need to contain information that if you change your email, your login changes as well.

Friday, April 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM - Response #8

Barbara, That is a good suggestion that we can discuss. While we are on the topic, are there any other triggered emails that people think would be helpful that we should consider? Obviously, these email help to keep your classmates involved and coming back to the site, so our ears are open.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.