ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Downloading Classmates

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/14/09 11:54 PM Views: 1419 Replies: 4
Saturday, November 14, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Hi
Can anyone tell me why after "Downloading Classmates", then sorting by "Last Log In Date," I end up with 4 fewer "Active Classmates" than statistics say I have. The missing 4 have one thing in common. They have not logged in in over a year. I don't know why this would matter, but I see nothing else unusual. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited 11/15/09 12:40 AM
Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 12:33 AM - Response #1

Here is a guess. I don't know if it is right or wrong. There could have been some of your classmates who had logged in and later those classmates had to be deleted. Maybe those classmates are still in the database, but have a status of "DELETED".

Maybe the database query to find out the active status uses the last login date and doesn't check the status to see if the classmate has been deleted.

Also, when you look at the ROW NUMBER in the spreadsheet to get the count, remember that the HEADER ROW is counted as row number 1, so you have to subtract one from the count of rows to get the number of active classmates from the spreadsheet.

Brad, how was my guessing?

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 12:57 AM - Response #2

Deleted Classmates are actually deleted. They're not going to show up anywhere.

"Last Login" date wasn't something the system intially tracked. We actually added that after the fact. Most likely you have 4 Classmates who joined but have not logged in in a very long time. So long that their last login was prior to the time we started keeping track of Last Login. Thus the reason they have no Last Login date listed on your Excel sheet.

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 1:08 AM - Response #3

that was my other guess

Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 1:11 AM - Response #4

Thanks to both of you. I think Brad's explanation solves this particular problem. Thanks again.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.