ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Automated JOINED posts - What's New

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/21/14 12:09 PM Views: 1388 Replies: 7
Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM

First things first, THANK YOU Class Creator for the WHAT'S NEW page addition! LOVE IT!
When an existing MEMBER of our sites elects to activate the Class Connection App, an automated post appears on the What's New page. LOVE THAT FEATURE!
My only request for change is... the actual words of the automated post, to be different for those that are already MEMBERS of our sites. Currently, the automated post states: JOHN SMITH joined Certain High School Class of 1900 Seeing as they have already been members for sometime, I would prefer for such automated post to state something like: JOHN SMITH has joined Certain High School Class of 1900 via Class Connection
Wording suggestions from other admins in these help forums would be much appreciated. Not only will such a change in the automated wording be more accurate for current members that activate the Class Connection App, but it has the potential to also 'advertise' the Class Connection App to all other class members as the new trend current members are doing. As the current automated posts appears just as if they are brand new members to the site, when in fact they are not really. In fact, actual NEW members to the site automated posts should state: JOHN SMITH - new member - joined Certain High School Class of 1900

Edited 03/21/14 12:10 PM
Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM - Response #1

Adding app verbiage makes sense to me!

What's New will be available on Class Creator shortly.

Friday, March 21, 2014 at 1:45 PM - Response #2

I agree, although we know we are not new members, still the verbiage should align with what we know. Thanks.
Marla Bryan wrote:

First things first, THANK YOU Class Creator for the WHAT'S NEW page addition! LOVE IT!
When an existing MEMBER of our sites elects to activate the Class Connection App, an automated post appears on the What's New page. LOVE THAT FEATURE!
My only request for change is... the actual words of the automated post, to be different for those that are already MEMBERS of our sites. Currently, the automated post states: JOHN SMITH joined Certain High School Class of 1900 Seeing as they have already been members for sometime, I would prefer for such automated post to state something like: JOHN SMITH has joined Certain High School Class of 1900 via Class Connection
Wording suggestions from other admins in these help forums would be much appreciated. Not only will such a change in the automated wording be more accurate for current members that activate the Class Connection App, but it has the potential to also 'advertise' the Class Connection App to all other class members as the new trend current members are doing. As the current automated posts appears just as if they are brand new members to the site, when in fact they are not really. In fact, actual NEW members to the site automated posts should state: JOHN SMITH - new member - joined Certain High School Class of 1900

Friday, March 21, 2014 at 5:35 PM - Response #4

I thought somewhere along the line I must have missed the What's New page . . . or thought maybe it was only if using Class Connection. So, I added a What's New page yesterday and added what was new. Very Happy Did I get the cart before the horse? Question

Friday, March 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM - Response #5

The system What's New page is basically just a feed coming in from profile comments. More is slated in Phase II including interacting with Notify Me. We'll have more on this late next week.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 12:36 AM - Response #6

Brad, Have you considered adding posts in the Message Forum to What's New - for sites which use the message forum as a community bulletin board?

Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 1:19 AM - Response #7

No, however, that's certainly possible. I'm confident once this new What's New page is live all kinds of collective ideas will come in and it will evolve from there. I'll start keeping a list of suggestions just like always.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.