ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

How do I put my playlist on the home page?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/20/09 04:24 PM Views: 1843 Replies: 16
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Hi there,

I have read the instructions in the FAQ section about how to add a playlist to my home page, but it still isn't working. I have created a playlist already. Can someone please tell me "step by step" how to paste, where to paste, etc. When I tried it - all it did was show the stuff I pasted on the home page. Very embarrassing..........

Help!

Thanks!
Lara Mentzer

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM - Response #1

Did you press the "Source" button in the upper left corner of your editor before pasting in your PlayList code?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM - Response #2

Note, I cut and pasted that code from your main page into source view, and it stil doesn't work, leading me to believe you have incomplete Playlsit code. Please go get a fresh copy of your code from Playlist.com, and paste it back into your page after clicking the Source button in the upper left corner. You always have to click the Source button before pasting in source code from other web sites.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 5:03 PM - Response #3

Brad, you might also want to remind her to click on "save changes" before leaving the edit home page. Tam

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM - Response #4

Thanks so much for your help! I knew I had to be making one little mistake. I wasn't hitting the "source" button before I posted. Figured it out now - thanks!

Lara Mentzer

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 2:02 PM - Response #5

I noticed your instructions concerning the "source" button before adding the playlist. Where do you find the source button? If I want to add the playlist to the main page, do I go to the edit portion?

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 4:45 PM - Response #6

Click on Edit Site Pages, and then click the Edit button next to your home page. The source button will be on your editor in the upper left corner. Make sure you are editing your pages with Internet Explorer or Firefox for the time beign. The editor does not support Google Chrome or Safari at this time. We should be supporting those browsers in the next couple months. Note: If you're using Chrome or Safari that's fine, you can use those browsers for anything else on the site. It's just the editing component alone that won't work in Chrome or Safari.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 5:22 PM - Response #7

When I click on edit for the home page, I do not see the editor section in the upper left hand side. I have the website set up as 80's and all there is in the upper area is pictures.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 6:52 PM - Response #8

The source button is on the editor compontent itself, not up in your site design. You're not using Chrome or Safari, correct?

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 2:09 PM - Response #9

I am using internet explorer with Windows XP.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 3:02 PM - Response #10

When you edit any site pages, you should be seeing a "Source" button in the upper left corner of your editor. If you're not, tell me what you are seeing.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 3:08 PM - Response #11

I see nothing. When I click on the edit pages tab, there is nothing in the upper left corner. I am sedning you an email with screen shots.

Monday, January 26, 2009 at 3:09 PM - Response #12

Ok, I'll pick it up with you privately. Please also send me a screenshot of what you're seeing with the Firefox browser. If you need it please get it from www.firefox.com.

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 11:07 PM - Response #13

Hi Brad, I to am having a difficult time with adding the playlist to my website. I click on the source button, press enter, then try and add the copy pressing paste and then source again and it does not take. The first few times I tried I just got the box that would show up with the three blue buttons on the bottom. I had already selected my playlist prior to adding it, there was no music and just a box. I pressed save and went to look at it and it was not there.
Please advise, thanks,Bonnie
votech69.com

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 12:12 AM - Response #14

Are you sure you're pasting the complete Playlist code? I.E. make sure you're copying 100% of it before pasting. Please give it another whirl, and if it doesn't work, tell me the exact page of your site you're putting the code on and I'll take a look.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM - Response #15

Is there anyway to make the playlist play no matter what page you are on?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 4:23 PM - Response #16

Most people use the "pop out player" button under the Playlist, so Classmates can pop the player into a new window and listen to music continuously while browing the site.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.