ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Adding an Admin

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/24/19 08:12 PM Views: 3846 Replies: 8
Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 8:12 PM

I have been trying to figure out how to add a co-admin to our page for the better part of an hour. When I go to "manage classmates", "enter/edit classmates", then the classmate I would like to make an admin; there is no box to check. I have added a picture to show that Im not insane about this. LOL

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 11:04 PM - Response #1

Since I don’t know who you were trying to add, I can’t be sure, but you can only make someone an admin if they have joined the website and have signed in. If you are trying to make an admin of someone who has joined, let me know.

I didn’t see your attachment, but I don’t think you are crazy.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 11:21 PM - Response #2
Screenshot_20190324-230904_Chrome.jpg

Thank you! I've attached it to this email. Her name is Laquetta Jones and she's definitely a member.

Sunday, March 24, 2019 at 11:52 PM - Response #3

Only the Root Admin (Roslyn Thorpe) can make someone else an admin or give someone else authority to make someone an admin.

Roslyn could give you “Give this person the ability to grant others admin access” rights, but she hasn’t

Monday, March 25, 2019 at 1:23 AM - Response #4

Oh Geez! She's no longer associated with the page & "gave" it to me 9 years ago. Guess I'll try to track her down. Thanks for the info!!

Monday, March 25, 2019 at 8:26 AM - Response #5

When you track her down, have her use the PREFERENCES page drop-down menu and assign you as the new Root Admin. This will make you the new Root Admin.

Monday, March 25, 2019 at 2:00 PM - Response #6

Thank you!

Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 5:26 PM - Response #7

Howdy. I've been asked to take on administrative duties for the Acalanes61 site, and I'm a half step ahead of the village idiot in knowing how to acquire those privileges. Is this a spot where a desperate man can get some help?

Thanks,
John Morrison
831-713-7020 (voice or text)

Friday, August 26, 2022 at 2:24 AM - Response #8

The root or chief administrator for your site must assign you as an administrator, initially as a co-administrator, and then, if the root administrator wishes to vacate his/her position, the root administrator may assign you as the root administrator. So, contact your root administrator about how this is done.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.