ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

A Discussion Forum for Reunion Committee Members Only

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/14/19 07:45 PM Views: 490 Replies: 8
Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Hi guys!

I know I have seen this somewhere sometime, but for the life of me can't find it now. If I as the Reunion Committee "administrator" or whatever you call me, wanted to set up a private "user forum" type thing for ONLY committee members, with the ability to add (or subtract, I suppose) as we went along, how could I do that?

It won't save all committee meetings, but it surely could cut down on them. Us old people don't want to drive at night (often) and this could help.

What do you think?

Denise

Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 9:55 PM - Response #1

Click your Gear icon, scroll down and you'll find Admin Forums just above Statistics. Click on Forum Preferences and activate the Admin Forums.

You'll need to grant your committee members Admin Access to the Admin Forums so they can see the page.

Edited 09/14/19 10:04 PM
Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:05 PM - Response #2

I don’t want to give all committee members admin privileges. We will probably have about 15 people involved at some level. Is there any other way?

D.

Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM - Response #3

They won't have full access to the site, only to the Admin Forums. They won't be able to see the page if you don't allow them this access.

Edited 09/14/19 10:17 PM
Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:19 PM - Response #4

Ok. That would work. I don’t want to give full access, not because they aren’t trustworthy, but they are not trained in the inner workings. (Some are). I can just imagine the mess that could occur.

Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:24 PM - Response #5

I understand. I used the Admin Forums for our last reunion and granted 3 committee members access to it. We kept notes, plans, and updates there and all could read and make suggestions, etc. They did not have access to anything else on the site.

Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 10:28 PM - Response #6

You can select which individual admims have access to admin forums in their Admin Links check boxes in details - while allowing/restricting what else they can do.

Edited 09/14/19 10:30 PM
Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 7:41 PM - Response #7

The Admin Forums are perfect for this! If someone does not want to participate that way, they miss out on on the conversation. I'm going to use it as we plan for our 50th next year and not allowing anyone's "I prefer email" to derail it this year. You can password protect any topic. I have finances password protected simply because it may have info as to anonymous donations and donation match information. Let us know how it works for you, Denise.

Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:09 PM - Response #8

For our 50th, for most of our Reunion meetings, we conferenced called on specific dates and times. Prior to conferencing, Chair emailed an Agenda to the Committee. One person was assigned to take Agenda notes. Hearing tone of voice most helpful vs reading a written comment.

Edited 09/16/19 4:15 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.