ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Bug on Email Delete/Cancel?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/01/08 08:42 PM Views: 1335 Replies: 6
Monday, December 1, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Hi, I just now accidentally selected "delete" next to an email and after it says "Do you really want to delete xxxx?" it gives the options OK and Cancel. I really didn't want to delete that email so selected "cancel." It deleted it anyway, unfortunately. So I tested both OK and Cancel on other emails and sure enough -- both selections delete the emails. Bug or ????

Thanks, Elaine

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 9:21 PM - Response #1

Tried to replicate this in 4 major browsers. Was unsuccessful. If I hit Canel it just stays on the screen, not deleting the message. What browser and browser version # are you using?

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:27 PM - Response #2

Not sure if you got my earlier response via email -- using Internet Explorer Ver. 7.0.5730.13 with Google as my home page. Works fine when I go throught AOL. Even after rebooting my computer I can still duplicate this problem on IE.

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:59 PM - Response #3

Spooky. I can't duplicate this with the exact same version of IE installed. Asking programmer to investigate.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 1:27 AM - Response #4

Thanks -- Messages I don't want to delete are still being deleted (I tested again today). It is spooky because it isn't happening to the other administrator. I'll be happy to help you guys in any way I can to resolve, just let me know.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 3:25 AM - Response #5

Can't duplicate this on any computer, any browser, any programmer, etc. Somehow it must be javascript doing that. This task is still open, but for now, I'll tell ya the obvious: Don't click on delete for messages you don't want to delete. Smile

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 12:33 PM - Response #6

LOL! I can always use my laptop with Vista if I don't want to delete! But thanks for checking it out for me. I'll let you know if I find a reason for this.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.