ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Text to the right or left of photo

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/01/08 08:37 PM Views: 1332 Replies: 4
Monday, December 1, 2008 at 8:37 PM

About two weeks ago, there was a thread about being able to put text beside a photo, left or right. I cannot find it now. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.....

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 8:59 PM - Response #1

Hi Rick,
Here is the thread.
http://forums.classcreator.com/messages.cfm?threadid=DCE25553-B243-86FE-B1E605348F420854

Good Luck!

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 9:23 PM - Response #2

Dead on. Smile You guys are great.

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:37 PM - Response #3

In this thread, I see a reference to a table. This is a new concept for me. Can you point me in the direction of something to read on this subject. Thanks again.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 9:45 AM - Response #4

OK Rick...I am going to try to do this in a logical way that will not go on forever and ever! LOL It is just like a table in a word processor.

Put your cursor where you want to insert the table on your page. On the Visual Editor toolbar you will find an icon there for a table...it is in the second row of icons...a square with lines and a blue top...located just next to the anchor icon. Click it. A new window will appear named Table Properties.

For the table you want...here are your settings:
Rows: "1"
Columns: "2"
Border Size: If you do not want the border lines to show set this to "0" The larger the number you put here...the larger your line borders will be on the table. I usually choose "5"
Alignment: Center
Width: I usually set to "400" The larger the number, the larger the table on your page.
Leave the rest as is.

When you click OK you will see the table on your page. It will have two cells...you can choose which cell you want your text to appear in and which cell you want your picture to occupy.

You can also change your background color on each of the cells. Put your cursor on the cell you want to change the color of and right click. Rest your mouse on the "Cell" and click on "Cell Properties" Hit "Select" next to background color and choose the color you want the cell to be. You may have to change the text color as well as it may be too dark with the color you choose for your background.

I also always choose
Horizontal Alignment: Center
Vertical Alignment: Middle
Leave everything else the same.

Hope this makes sense to you!Smile
It is really not as hard as it looks!
Good Luck!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.