ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Permission To Use or Release Form

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/09/14 09:55 PM Views: 928 Replies: 2
Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 9:55 PM

We want to create a directory for our members. However we do not want to show cell phones or email addresses without their okay.

We will show a file that has address info and home telephone and would add the cell phone and email if the classmate okays it. This would keep the classmates info secure if they do not want others to see.

Is there a way to add a new field or change the use of an existing field?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 11:20 AM - Response #1

With our 55th reunion coming up, we addressed this issue by adding a new profile question in the Profile Generator. All classmates now have the option to duplicate any contact info they choose to share in that profile question box - which can only be seen by logged in and verified classmates and guests.

We included that info for the classmates and guests who elected to share their contact info in our Reunion's memory book, but did not take it a step farther and create a locked page with the same information all in one place.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM - Response #2

Great Idea Idea Many wouldn't mind if there contact info is shown on the site..since CC locked them all down. I will breeze this thru my Webbies and admins. I think this would workQuestion Also, this would give the Reunion Committee permission to have their addresses and phone numbers. I don't think I would tell them to copy their email addys tho...just phone and address...since that would make the site used less because they would converse thru their private email.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.