ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate Notification: spotty today

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/11/15 09:10 PM Views: 1295 Replies: 12
Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 9:10 PM

I've received zero email notifications today, an Admin received one notification -our Stats today are terrible. Is sketchy email notification today, system-wide? We have snail mail to 300 classmates promoting our website - which should arrive tomorrow. Concerned there's a glitch, please advise. Thank you.

Edited 06/11/15 9:12 PM
Friday, June 12, 2015 at 9:23 AM - Response #1

Email notification seems to be working today.

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 1:08 PM - Response #2

I received notifications for your site for each of the last few days. All okay here.

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 3:52 PM - Response #3

Thanks, Scott.
Another question - I'm rarely near PC. How do I embed Philadelphia PA weather? Classmates will travel cross country to attend our reunion. I've watched CC tutorials - many CC sites show local weather. I don't know how to do this. On website, where? My class reads What's New & Who Is Coming. Appreciate any tips how to embed weather - must this happen on PC? Thank you

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 5:46 PM - Response #4

Follow the directions on your favorite "weather widget" (for example: http://www.accuweather.com/en/free-weather-widgets )
at the bottom of the page, click the " [ ] I agree to the Terms and Conditions " checkbox, then the GRAB THE CODE button. Select the code, copy the code, go to your website HOME PAGE, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, move to the location where you want the weather widget to go and type "WEATHER WIDGET HERE", click the SOURCE button, search for "WEATHER WIDGET HERE", delete the text, paste the code you copied from the weather widget website. Save the page, test the page.

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 5:54 PM - Response #5

Thank you, Kyle.
Can this be accomplished using an iPad? Rarely am I near a PC.

Friday, June 12, 2015 at 9:23 PM - Response #6

I don't know. Give it a try and let me know.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 1:41 PM - Response #7

Your instructions are easy to follow, Kyle. Thank you. Using iPad, I could grab the code but I can't "see" where weather link would land on our Home Page. Embedding our countdown clock took hours - I'd hate messing that up! Can tech support embed? If not, no worries.

Edited 06/13/15 1:43 PM
Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 2:45 PM - Response #8

i could do it for you, but it might not be exactly what you want.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 3:22 PM - Response #9

Kyle, I will really appreciate having ANY Philadelphia PA weather. Thank you!

Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 4:15 PM - Response #10

OK, it is on your home page.

Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 4:44 PM - Response #11

Thank you, Kyle!!

Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 6:12 PM - Response #12

You're welcome. It is in an announcement, so you can easily delete it or deactivate it if you want.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.