ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Bulk uploader

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/15/12 12:17 PM Views: 1137 Replies: 5
Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Please let me know if a bulk Yearbook uploader is on the horizon. We may have some help in cutting and pasting the pictures. If this is on the big board -somewhere- I think we would put our time into cutting and pasting pictures instead of uploading. I find that it takes about 8 hours to do each year -average 450 each- most of this is in uploading. Approximately 6 hours in uploading to 2 hours of cutting and pasting. Again, if this is in the plans for future we will focus on acquiring instead of uploading.

-Tuesday is not necessary on this one!

Thanks

ray

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM - Response #1

In order to do this, we would have to create a way to assign the uploaded pictures correctly to the member accounts. The only practical way to do this would be to require the admins uploading those images to name each one with the unique member number of the person whose photo it is. To be perfectly frank, I have no idea why this was never done.

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM - Response #2

That is what I was thinking!

Monday, October 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM - Response #3

The real question is why is there no bulk uploader at all?

If one could just upload files en masse (much like is done via FTP) then the most time consuming part is done. Then all one needs is an interactive tool to assign an image to a classmate.

Drag and drop would be the ideal way to do this.

You have the image folder open on one side and the classmate list on the other. Then drag them over to match.

As a byproduct, this also helps a lot for many other image related postings.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM - Response #4

Jack Vermeulen wrote:

The real question is why is there no bulk uploader at all?

If one could just upload files en masse (much like is done via FTP) then the most time consuming part is done. Then all one needs is an interactive tool to assign an image to a classmate.

Drag and drop would be the ideal way to do this.

You have the image folder open on one side and the classmate list on the other. Then drag them over to match.

As a byproduct, this also helps a lot for many other image related postings.

Jack. That's a great suggestion. I hope CC will give this serious consideration.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 4:34 PM - Response #5

Added to wishlist.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.