ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Teachers

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/01/08 01:16 PM Views: 2291 Replies: 14
Monday, December 1, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Brad, What are your thought on how Teachers are going into a multi site? We are about to start this project and it will be big.

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM - Response #1

You can add them as Guests for now, but a true Teacher Profiles features is coming. On task list, not high priority, probably first quarter '09.

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 9:24 PM - Response #2

Brad, That answers my question even though I did not ask a question. I was trying to think of how you were going to handle the teachers. letting them have their own profile would be perfect. Just some food for thought, instead of year maybe have a "teacher" profile.
Thanks

Monday, December 1, 2008 at 9:35 PM - Response #3

Right. Because teacher's don't belong to a specific year, it will simply be called "Teacher Profiles" and the page will work very much like the Classmate Profiles page works on single year sites.

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 2:33 PM - Response #4

Brad,
Any closer idea of timing for the Teacher section? I am planning on contacting our high school for a list of teachers from our years there.
Once we enter the teachers' names, will the teachers then have to register just like the alumni?
Thanks,
Amy Baisley
Ridge High School, Basking Ridge, NJ
Class of '89

Sunday, January 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM - Response #5

Yes, they'll register just like Classmates. Kevin will be working on the Teacher Profile area after a few more pressing tasks are out of the way. I got out of the ETA business, but this is pretty high up on Kevin's list.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 12:48 AM - Response #6

I have read the postings regarding teachers and can't wait to add them. I do hope that feature comes soon though because I just created my school's site. I would like to add the teachers because my graduating class was the first to attend the new high school. We had began traditions there and I feel that the teachers were a big part of the new school. I've gone over the school's current faculty and compared from the yearbook making note the many that are still there after all these years.

Edited 01/10/09 12:48 AM
Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 1:13 AM - Response #7

You'll need to add teachers as Guest Members. We're only creating Teacher Profiles for the multi sites. It's not uncommon for class after class to join Class Creator from the same school. Teachers would have to have account after account and update Profile after Profile. For this reason we're only allowing teachers to create Profiles on multi sites, where all classes from the school share the teachers so to speak.

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM - Response #8

Brad, Do you have an ETA for when this feature will be ready to go? Not rushing you mind you.
Bill

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM - Response #9

Hi Bill,

With the number of items we currently have under development it looks like this will be a second quarter item.

Edited 01/12/09 7:15 PM
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM - Response #10

We currently have teachers/faculty added as "guests" to our multi-site. Our situation is several class members are now a part of the administration. Once the new page is implemented, will there be a way we can list these folks as part of the administration (with corresponding service years) but keep the profiles as part of the class year?

Edited 01/21/09 8:45 PM
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 9:13 PM - Response #11

Hmmmm. Alumni who become teachers... Good question -- I hadn't thought about that. I tell ya what, let us get the feature live first, and once we've got it integrated into the system we'll open the item up for discussion/enhancements. I'll make a list of any tweaks such as this and I'm sure we can work it into the system. Thank you for raising the issue.

Edited 01/21/09 9:14 PM
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM - Response #12

Hi Brad

I'm no programmer. That's why I absolutely love your site...
I have what may be a dumb suggestion, but here goes nothing.
We're working with everyone on a muti-year site (our school has been gone for 25 years...) and I was wondering if it would be possible to add the teachers as we would add another class year?
In other words, where the students choose their graduating class year, how about a drop-down field that just says Faculty where they would otherwise choose their year?
Sounds simple to me, but then again I'm an eyeglass designer not a webmaster, lol.
Thanks
Don

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:35 AM - Response #13

Teacher Profiles are coming for multi sites. I just checked the task list and that's actualy pretty high up now. I'd estimate sometime within the next 8 weeks.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:51 AM - Response #14

Wow, I'm so happy to see that you're working on an area for teacher profiles. This will be great. Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.