ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cannot Post to "What's New?"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/19/19 01:38 PM Views: 854 Replies: 11
Saturday, October 19, 2019 at 1:38 PM
Carole's What's New.png

The strangest thing has happened: I can no longer post to "What's New?" The posting box that used to be there, is gone (see screen shot).

Jessica and Scott suggested I clear cache, but it did not help. They also asked what browser I was using, and I replied that I use Chrome and have recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10.

My husband's posting box on his ClassCreator site (different from mine) is also gone--he's Chrome and Windows 10 too.

To make matters more interesting, my old computer with Windows 7 still shows the posting box.

Does anyone else have this situation or know what to do about it?

Thanks for any help,
Carole

Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 4:35 PM - Response #1

I have Windows 10 and can get to the posting box. I don't have any good suggestions, other than make sure you're logged in.

Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 5:23 PM - Response #2

I have Windows 10 and see it in Firefox, Carole. I checked another class site on Chrome and see it there as well. My Windows and browsers are up-to-date.

Should it help, I'll add the two sites I checked for CC reference:
mchs1970.com in Firefox
mchs69.com in Chrome

I'm no help at all. Bah humbug, eh?

Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 7:32 PM - Response #4

Thanks Bev and Gwen for trying to help. I keep checking my 2 sites hoping they will correct themselves, but it doesn't happen. I wonder what it could be? Strange.

Carole

Monday, October 21, 2019 at 12:05 AM - Response #5

Could be it has to do with the Browser Options if both you and your husband have new computers.

You could install Opera (just to test) and see what happens there. It is based on Chrome. Options on the LEFT side bar. Or test Firefox or use Edge (already installed) which is pretty good now.

Download Opera HERE

Monday, October 21, 2019 at 1:20 AM - Response #6

I do see the posting box in Edge, I discovered that a couple of days ago but am wondering why I can't see it in Chrome all of a sudden. Seems strange.

I will try Opera.

Thanks,
Carole

Monday, October 21, 2019 at 1:30 AM - Response #7

Yes, I can see the posting box in Opera. Hate to be stubborn but sure am puzzled why others I've heard from, including ClassCreator, see it in Chrome and my husband and I can't. I'll give Comcast a call and see if it's our equipment--a suggestion from another administrator.

I appreciate all the help. Thanks to all!
Carole

Monday, October 21, 2019 at 1:04 PM - Response #8

Import your bookmarks, etc into one of the other browsers, remove/uninstall Chrome, then download Chrome again and install. There's some setting that got changed or some addon.

Chrome Download

Then import back into Chrome.

[PS It's not your equipment]

Edited 10/21/19 1:05 PM
Monday, October 21, 2019 at 11:11 PM - Response #9

Thanks, Jack. I decided not to fight it and use Opera; but now that you've written, I'll try what you suggest.

Thanks a lot!
Carole

Monday, October 21, 2019 at 11:20 PM - Response #10

Deleted and reloaded Chrome and the problem still exists in both of my sites.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Carole

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 1:45 AM - Response #11

Weird

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.